We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay near Leeds Castle

Wayne, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
335 posts
332 reviews
Where to stay near Leeds Castle

I have been checking TA reviews for places to stay near Leeds Castle where we will be attending a wedding in July. Anyone have a favorite?

Special Offer
Leeds Castle, Cliffs of Dover and...
778 Reviews
from US$113.20*
US$125.80
Leeds Castle, Canterbury Cathedral...
122 Reviews
from US$121.80*
Special Offer
Leeds Castle, Canterbury Cathedral...
113 Reviews
from US$70.30*
US$78.10
kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
14,661 posts
141 reviews
1. Re: Where to stay near Leeds Castle

The Ramada Hotel is the closest to Leeds Castle, and at a pinch, you could walk to Leeds Castle . The Marriott Tudor Park is about a 5 minutes away by car, the Black Horse Inn in Thurnham is just outside the village of Bearsted, so about 10 minutes by car.

All have been reviewed. The Ramanda and Tudor Park are more expencive than the Black Horse, but with advance bookimg, you may get a discount.

Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,571 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Where to stay near Leeds Castle

There is Ash Cottage, a B&B in Leeds Village which is apparently withing walking distance of Leeds Castle. Having driven that road many times I would have thought it is quite a longish walk along a road without much in the way of pavements.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187056-d1793…

Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,571 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Where to stay near Leeds Castle

Another option is the Premier Inn at Hollingbourne. A perfectly adequate, no frills hotel.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187056-d5711…

Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,571 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Where to stay near Leeds Castle

Me again.

Another thought - not sure if the bride and groom are staying there but have you looked at Leeds Castle itself for accommodation as there are a few self-catering cottages available.

www.leeds-castle.com/goto.php?sess=u3864583|p247|n478|c2245464|s0|g1|d0&pg=Accommodation

Wayne, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
335 posts
332 reviews
5. Re: Where to stay near Leeds Castle

Thank you for your responses! Some of the family is staying at the Marriott and others are staying in the cottages on the castle property. Since this is our first trip to England, I like the idea of a B&B rather than a chain hotel and I have found several that look very special.

6. Re: Where to stay near Leeds Castle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 January 2011, 14:35
England, United...
Level Contributor
4,070 posts
22 reviews
7. Re: Where to stay near Leeds Castle

Although I understand that judym doesn't want chain hotels, I am replying to this post in case someone else searches the forum with a similar question. There is the Days Inn at Maidstone Service station (exit 8 from the M20). It used to be a Premier Inn. It's at most 5 minutes drive from Leeds Castle. But it's not really possible to walk from the hotel to Leeds Castle because the motorway and the A20 interchange are in the way!!! The hotel is a standard chain hotel, but looks ok and is reasonably set off from the motorway so not too noisy. The adjacent service station obviously offers food which could be convenient for someone who doesn't want to drive in the evening or after arriving. They advertise rooms 'from' £25 per night, but these are likely to be limited promotional offers. But could still be an option for people on a moderate budget.

London, England
Level Contributor
1,748 posts
72 reviews
8. Re: Where to stay near Leeds Castle

We were very impressed by our one night in The Oak at Charing, 15 minutes away along the A20. Charming pub hotel with very high grade food. Not really cheap but much nicer than a chain hotel, and we negotiated a price deal on the phone for one night's dinner, bed and breakfast and were very pleased; http://www.theoakcharing.co.uk/

jon1664
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
9. Re: Where to stay near Leeds Castle

Black horse or Dog and Bear

10. Re: Where to stay near Leeds Castle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 August 2012, 08:05
Get answers to your questions about Maidstone
Recent Conversations