We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maidstone City Centre Apartment

malta
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Maidstone City Centre Apartment

Will be visiting Maidstone in July 2016 and would like central accommodation - both Premier Inn and Travelodge are already fully booked for part of the week I'll be there. I would prefer an apartment but cannot find anything city centre online. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Maidstone
Maidstone
Kent, UK
4 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
56,236 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maidstone City Centre Apartment

Maidstone isn't a city, but a town of about 114,000 inhabitants. The central area is mainly shops and offices.

I used to live near Maidstone and still visit regularly.

The Premier Inn at Allington is only about 3km further from the town centre than the London Road establishment. There are very good bus services into town from outside the door and of course taxis.

The Grange Moor Hotel is 1km from the town centre, to the west, just off Tonbridge Road.

The Innkeepers Lodge hotel is about 1.5km north of the town centre.

Maidstone is not the kind of place where there are apartments available for short holiday lets. I could not find any within a short distance of the town.

Mentioned in this post
Maidstone
Maidstone
Kent, UK
Grange Moor Hotel
Grange Moor Hotel
409 Reviews
Maidstone, UK
kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
14,411 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maidstone City Centre Apartment

As cubsur has rightly pointed out, Maidstone is a small town, and holiday rental accommodation doesn't exist.

July is peak season for holidays and weddings, so many budget friendly chains will be booked out months in advance. The Grangemoor is a good option and is walkable from the town centre. Premier Inn also have a hotel at Wateringbury ( 3 miles from the town centre). It may be worth checking for cancellations, but otherwise I'd suggest staying in a local village B & B or hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Maidstone
Maidstone
Kent, UK
malta
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maidstone City Centre Apartment

Thank you for the replies and advice - in fact will be there for a wedding. Guess I'll have to look a bit further out.

Maidstone, England...
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maidstone City Centre Apartment

Try the Grangemoor as above, the Rock House B&B or The Hilton and The Village hotels, which are both closer than the Wateringbury hotel recommended by someone else

Edited: 20 April 2016, 08:25
Mentioned in this post
The Wateringbury
The Wateringbury
448 Reviews
Wateringbury, UK
Reply to: Maidstone City Centre Apartment
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Maidstone