We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get to Deansgate from Piccadilly station?

Somerset
Level Contributor
13 posts
42 reviews
Best way to get to Deansgate from Piccadilly station?

We are arriving at approx 12.30 (lunchtime) on a Saturday, what is the best way to get to Deansgate please.

14 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,188 posts
213 reviews
1. Re: Best way to get to Deansgate from Piccadilly station?

Hi,

use the free metroshuttle which is available as you arrive at Piccadilly Station.

See

https:/…Metroshuttle-Infosheet-Jan2017.pdf

https:/…metroshuttle

You do not mention where you want on Deansgate, but the route follows it.

The alternatives are also listed above.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
677 reviews
2. Re: Best way to get to Deansgate from Piccadilly station?

The other way is you could the train.

Somerset
Level Contributor
13 posts
42 reviews
3. Re: Best way to get to Deansgate from Piccadilly station?

Thank you for that info. We’re staying at Premier Inn, Deansgate

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
5,235 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Best way to get to Deansgate from Piccadilly station?

If it’s the Deansgate Locks one, it’s not on Deansgate but on Medlock St next to the Mancunian Way. Not that far from Deansgate itself but potentially too far if you have heavy bags or mobility issues. A train to Deansgate station will get you within a few hundred yards.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,188 posts
213 reviews
5. Re: Best way to get to Deansgate from Piccadilly station?

It's not on Deansgate it is in Hulme district at Deansgate Locks (canal system not road) next to the Mancunian Way.

See map

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Premier+Inn+Manchester+Deansgate+Locks/@53.4714705,-2.2474653,15z/data=!4m7!3m6!1s0x0:0x4820c8f6008bb110!5m1!1s2018-05-07!8m2!3d53.4714705!4d-2.2474653

You will need to walk part of the way eg from Oxford Road Station or Deansgate Station stops.

Or taxis which will add to expense all the time.

If you havea "flexible" booking I would suggest a change to Premier Inn Portland Street.

Edited: 15 April 2018, 14:41
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
11,903 posts
54 reviews
6. Re: Best way to get to Deansgate from Piccadilly station?

Ditto to post #5, especially about possible location swap.

PMI on Portland St is a good recommendation, though I slightly prefer location 250 yds away of PMI Central on Lower Mosley St.

CUMBRIA
Level Contributor
481 posts
1,187 reviews
7. Re: Best way to get to Deansgate from Piccadilly station?

Get a taxi - it will only cost a few quid and door to door. Or alternatively walk - about 15 mins

Manchester, United...
10 posts
8. Re: Best way to get to Deansgate from Piccadilly station?

I would suggest a taxi at that time - it won't cost too much

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
2,696 posts
20 reviews
9. Re: Best way to get to Deansgate from Piccadilly station?

Possibly a daft question but i am staying next to Piccadilly Station(Motel One) on Friday and will be heading down Deansgate way for the Shed Seven gig at Castlefields. It only looks a 20 min walk or so but are there many decent pubs along the way to stop at, maybe get food? Im going to assume Deansgate is rammed with people heading there too so looking at options rather than get there and struggle to get served. Also are there any dubious areas i would avoid walking back up to Canal Street after 11pm as taxis may be at a premium by then? Thanks

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
19,743 posts
76 reviews
10. Re: Best way to get to Deansgate from Piccadilly station?

Try The Salisbury around the back of Oxford Road railway station. Good real ale pub with a rock/indie/metal theme, and they often give a discount on your pint if you show your gig ticket.

And around the corner on Great Bridgewater Street is Rain Bar that does food and it has a massive beer garden alongside the canal.

The Britons Protection further up Great Bridgewater Street is also a nice pub with a beer garden/terrace. They do food but I think mainly at lunchtime and not in the evenings.

All three of these pubs are in between your hotel and where the concert is in Deansgate.

Reply to: Best way to get to Deansgate from Piccadilly station?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted