We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

National museum of Prehistory Les Eyzies de Tayac

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
14 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
National museum of Prehistory Les Eyzies de Tayac

Hello everyone

We are going to see the Font de Gaume and Combarelles caves. In between one to the other I would like to go to the museum. I have read that you can get English language audio tours. I was wondering if it is too complicated to go here without a guide. I have tried to purchase tickets from the museum website- not possible. If you show up at the museum is there a line? We will be there the second week in May.

Thank you!

3 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
26,213 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: National museum of Prehistory Les Eyzies de Tayac

We have been there a couple of times and always just walked in -- once in May, once in October. It is a wonderful museum.

Swansea County...
Level Contributor
315 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: National museum of Prehistory Les Eyzies de Tayac

visited a week or so ago, and no line. There were english sheets in each museum room for you to use. We thought it was great.

one of the highlights at the end of the exhbition route is going onto the high cliff overlook area labelled 'chateau'. the views were just amazing up there. i wonder if it would be possible to just visit this area separately from the museum as would love to return there.

Illinois
Level Contributor
17,429 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: National museum of Prehistory Les Eyzies de Tayac

We were there a couple of weeks ago. We had a guide, but there are English language sheets available. There was no line either when we arrived or when we left. I don't think there were many (if any) signs in English, so if you don't know any French I'd use the English sheets. Not sure if there's an audioguide.

Reply to: National museum of Prehistory Les Eyzies de Tayac
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Les...