We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Les Eyzies - bicycle

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Les Eyzies - bicycle

My husband and I would like to visit Font de Game, Lascoux II and other cave paintings in the Dordogne region. We were thinking of taking the train to Les Eyzies, staying at Ferme de Tayac, or another nearby B&B, and traveling by bike to the different caves. Does this sound reasonable? How would the roads be in the area for cycling? My husband is an excellent cyclist (we are going to La Grave next so he can climb the Alpe D'huez and other famous Tour de France routes) but I am more of a recreational cyclist.

Are there good restaurants nearby?

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Les Eyzies - bicycle

I am having similar thoughts to you. Your question came up when I searched for myself. Apparently there were no replies. Still, it was so long ago, perhaps you actually did your trip ?

If so, how did it go ? Any suggestions/recommendations/.. ?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
545 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Les Eyzies - bicycle

This is a popular area for cyclists, so you can easily organise to rent a bike through your B&B, or via a website before you go. It can be undulating, but if you're fit that won't matter. And the most popular caves are all within easy riding distance from Les Eyzies...eg Font de Gaume, Les Combarelles, Abri du Cap Blanc, Grotte du Sorcier, La Roque Saint-Christophe etc. The Lascaux II complex is a bit further away in Montignac. But be aware that traffic can be heavy in that area during the peak summer months!

Edited: 18 April 2016, 21:56
3. Re: Les Eyzies - bicycle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2017, 12:15
Get answers to your questions about Les...