We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental in Les Eyzies

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental in Les Eyzies

Planning to take a train from Bordeaux to Les Eyzies on Sep 12. Rent a car in Les Eyzies. Drive to Lascaux II and Rouffignac and back. After 3 nights leave Les Eyzies and take a train to Chauvet. Is there a car rental agency in Les Eyzies? Are conducted tours available? Would appreciate if someone could provide information that I may need.

Dipankar

Mentioned in this post
Bordeaux
Bordeaux
Gironde, France
Lascaux II
Lascaux II
1,912 Reviews
Montignac, France
4 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
96,099 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental in Les Eyzies

Les Eyzies is a small village. I think it is very unlikely to have car rentals available.

Illinois
Level Contributor
18,660 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental in Les Eyzies

I don't remember a rental car place in Les Eyzies. When Europcar sent me to an office the closest was in Sarlat. Can you drive a manual transmission car?

Illinois
Level Contributor
18,660 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental in Les Eyzies

Duplicate

Edited: 09 April 2015, 21:33
Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental in Les Eyzies

There is no place to rent a car in Les Eyzies. Rent the care in Bordeaux if you need an automatic, in Libourrne or Périgueux if you can drive a manual. If you can drive a manual, don't take the train to Sarlat - take the TER from Bordeaux to Périgueux and pick up the car there.

What kind of "conducted tours" are you looking for? Of what? The whole area is easily visited on your own with a bit of research ahead of time. There are, of course, people who will take your money to ferry you around, but then why would you need a rental car?

Mentioned in this post
Bordeaux
Bordeaux
Gironde, France
Reply to: Car rental in Les Eyzies
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Les...