We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris to Auxerre

Essex
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Paris to Auxerre

Hi can anyone give me any tips on booking and travelling to auxerre france. We are hoping to travel by Eurostar to paris and then will want to change to Paris Bercy station I believe to get to Auxerre. Is the connection easy to find ( paris bercy) I also believe you cannot book more than 3 months in advance not sure whether to book the Eurostar part as this is available now incase the seats aren't available or go up in price but worried we cannot tie it in the with paris bercy to auxerre leg of the journey once that's available to book.

. Looking at beg August 2015 2 adults 1 x 14 1 x 10 and 1 x 6 yr old travelling.

Any advice gratefully received never travelled on the Eurostar or tgv trains.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Auxerre
Auxerre
Yonne, France
7 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
96,338 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris to Auxerre

Book the Eurostar now. SNCF will always be running trains roughly once an hour from Bercy to Auxerre. If you wait to book the Eurostar, the price will go up.

There is no point in trying to book the Bercy-Auxerre tickets in advance over the Internet. These are local (TER) trains that have no seat reservations (so tickets cannot sell out). Buy when you get to Bercy.

With your party, take a taxi from Gare du Nord to Bercy.

Mentioned in this post
Auxerre
Auxerre
Yonne, France
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
24,045 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris to Auxerre

PREM tickets and the general schedules are not typically available earlier than 3 months before any given travel date but Eurostar tickets go on sale much earlier than that. Right now you can book well into October. I would book immediately as prices generally only rise.

http://www.eurostar.com/

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
96,338 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris to Auxerre

There are no PREMs tickets on TER trains!

Essex
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris to Auxerre

Thank you for the replies does anyone know how long the taxi takes from paris du nord to paris bercy by any chance and how much roughly in price ?

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris to Auxerre

I don't know how long the taxi takes or costs. I did the journey on the metro 2 days ago. If your children can cope with their own luggage it's easy - a one stop & a 2 stop journey. The hardest bit is when you change and have to find the correct line. The signage leaves something to be desired.

Essex
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris to Auxerre

Thankyou that makes me want to take the taxi more as advised above :) just wanted to know roughly how long it will take. I haven't booked bercy to auxerre yet but am tempted to do so in advance

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris to Auxerre

Gare du Nord - Paris Bercy: leave 30 minutes unless its rush hour. Check Google Maps on the day (their timings are usually very accurate).

Reply to: Paris to Auxerre
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Auxerre