We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changing trains at Laroche-Migennes

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Changing trains at Laroche-Migennes

Looking at loco2.com for trains from Auxerre to Paris to connect with Eurostar: the timings that suit me best all warn of a short connection time (a mere 11 minutes) at Laroche-Migennes. I don't know the station at all. Is it small enough for this to be an easy transfer? I hope to travel with hand luggage only but even so with the weight I'd be carrying I'd have to take any long flights of steps quite slowly.

Cathedrale Saint-Etienne
Historic Sites, Churches & Cathedrals
Vieille Ville
Points of Interest & Landmarks
The Clock Tower
Observation Decks & Towers, Points of Interest & Landmarks
2 replies to this topic
Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
12,456 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changing trains at Laroche-Migennes

We went through this station last month. While it's a small town it's a very large area with multiple tracks to cross and long tunnels. I'd be a bit wary of such a close connection. It was also a very busy station ( we were there at 10:00 AM on a Saturday and surprised at all the traffic.) Have you looked at Capitaine Train for schedules? Found it very easy to use and booked tickets through them for a few trips.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changing trains at Laroche-Migennes

Many thanks, traveller47, even though your message is not reassuring. I think loco2.com and Capitaine Train are similar offering with loco2.com geared more to the UK market with pricing through to stations throughout the UK (where I'm headed). But I will take a look at Captiaine Train and see if they think the one I want is a viable connection.

Reply to: Changing trains at Laroche-Migennes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Auxerre