We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

orly airport to Amboise

Alicante, Spain
3 posts
Save Topic
orly airport to Amboise

Hi I need help?? Im travelling 28/2/12 from Aliante to Paris Orly and from their to Amboise {actually Epeigne les bois} can anybody give me info on the bet route to take ... please

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,916 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: orly airport to Amboise

Obviously you're going to Epeigne for a reason - your first query should be directed toward the folks in charge of that reason -- they might have a better suggestion.

But otherwise, you'll have to take the train into Paris, the train to Tours, and then find a way to Epeigne -- I looked at the village website, and there is no mention of any bus route that runs to the village.

It's about 40km from Tours, so you might be able to hire a cab -- but it's not going to be easy.

Renting a car would likely be the easiest option by a long shot.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,243 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: orly airport to Amboise

Your ORY arrival time will be very important in determining the transportation options to Epeignle les Bois if you want to make it in one day.

----------

Via Amboise

1. Take the bus to RER C to Gare Austerlitz, 6.45€:

parisparletrain.fr/fiches_horaires/pplt_FHNP…

2. Take the train from Austerlitz to Amboise, 20€ to 30€:

…ter-sncf.com/Images/Centre/Tridion/FW03-H11…

How do you plan on reaching Epeigne les Bois from Amboise?

----------

Via Tours

1. Take the RER B via Antony to Gare Montparnasse (via Donfert Rocherreau) 10.90€

2. Take the TGV from Montparnasse to Chenonceaux which is about 2 miles from Epeigne les Bois 35€ to 50€.

Chenonceaux is about 2 miles from Epeigne les Bois.

There also are buses from Tours to surrounding communities such as Chenonceaux, Bléré, or Chisseaux

http://www.tourainefilvert.com/

Depending upon when you arrive at ORY, if you can´t make the trip in one day, you might spend the night in Tours and continue the following day.

Edited: 23 January 2012, 17:04
Loire Valley
Level Contributor
6,985 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: orly airport to Amboise

Take the TGV from Massy to St Pierre des Corps, change there for Amboise. A couple of trains a day, trip takes 1hr 13 minutes

Alicante, Spain
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: orly airport to Amboise

Thank you very much for your replies, they have been a great help. I arrive at orly at apx 11.30 am so will get the orlyval to Antony. Have you any idea how long that will take?? from there to Montparnasse - Chenonceaux. Unfortuanatley I speak very very little French, so Im worrying a little, will I be able to get one ticket at Antony to take me to Montparnasse including the change at denfort rochereau???? and does it seem possible that I will make the 1.38pm connection at Montparnasse???? Many thanks

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,916 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: orly airport to Amboise

You probably will not make the 13.48 connection.

6. Re: orly airport to Amboise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2013, 05:23