We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris Tour in 3 Days

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Navi Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Paris Tour in 3 Days

Hi,

I am planning to come to Paris from London for a three day tour alongwith my family comprising my wife and two kids of 5 years and 1 year of age.

We prefer Indian food and come from middle class background. It will be our first visit to Paris.

We plan to reach Paris from London by Eurorail on Monday morning. We plan to leave for Copenhagen from Paris on Wednesday evening or Thursday morning latest.

I want suggestions on the following:

a) Which are the main places we should visit keeping in view young age of our kids?

b) Which area we should stay and which are the good portals through which we can get good hotel deals?

c) What should be the preferred mode of transport?

d) Which is the airport in Paris from where we should take flight for Copenhagen? (We would like to get a cheap flight ticket).

e) What are the things we should pay special attention to while in Paris/ various Dos and Don’t in Paris?

Regards.

Chandra1744

los angeles
Level Contributor
8,971 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris Tour in 3 Days

i think your itinerary will depend a bit on what your kids are like. Some are mellow, some more active or noisy--and you know best how they may behave. Will you need to spend most of your time outdoors? (If so, there are many beautiful parks and open spaces.) If indoor options won't be a problem for you, what are your priorities--museums, main sites? How do you prefer to see the sites--walking, a bus tour? Public transportation is great in Paris, and so you will take the metro and/or bus.

As far as hotel, what is your budget in Euros per night? Personally, I have had the best luck reserving on the actual hotel websites themselves.

Flights to Copenhagen depart from both CDG and Orly. Easyjet is a bargain fare, but is picky about luggage--will you be traveling light?

Navi Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris Tour in 3 Days

Thanks for the reply. Well elder kid (5 yr old) would prefer to go to Disney land/world (whichever is more suitable for young kids). On our part minimum we would like to go to Eiffel Tower, Louvre Museum, Notre-Dame church and if possible Versailles Palace and Seine River cruise. We are reaching Paris from London on a Tuesday around 16.00 hours by Eurail and would leave on same week Friday for Denmark from Paris Charles de Gaulle airport at 13.40 hours.

Would be thankful if you can suggest:

i) suitable portal for hotel booking for 3 nights (Tue, Wed and Thurs) in a place which is near to Eurail station and also going to Paris Charles de Gaulle airport is not that far (max. 1 hour from hotel). Approx. hotel stay budget would be 150-200 Euros per night.

ii) Best way to plan Paris tour e.g. through any guided tour/ travel agency or any other suitable way.

Regards.

los angeles
Level Contributor
8,971 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris Tour in 3 Days

I think the first thing you need to decide is if you are definitely going to Disneyland Paris and Versailles. Disneyland will require a full day and Versailles a big chunk of a day. So that would really just leave you two late afternoons in Paris itself. i wouldn't think that is a good plan, but it obviously depends upon your priorities. There is a Disneyland forum where you can ask about the best suggestions for taking a 5 yr old:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g2079053-i21935-…

If you do indeed have a very brief time in Paris itself, then you really have very few options to see the city. Maybe a brief bus tour after you get back from Versailles? That's why I say the first thing to do is to decide about Disney and Versailles, and go from there.

As far as wanting lodging around Gare du Nord (where the Eurostar will arrive from London), that sounds like a good option for you, as there are lots of Indian restaurants in the area. It's not one of the more expensive areas to stay, so you'll be able to find inexpensive options. Use the searchbox on this page and enter search terms like Hotels Near Gare du Nord.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
101 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris Tour in 3 Days

Hello Charu U

We are planning on visiting Paris from London this summer. We have booked the Crowne Plaza Paris-République due to its great price, location from the Metro subway system and proximity from the train station as we are arriving via Eurostar.

Check out the tripadvisor reviews on the hotel...it's not bad.

Cheers

Navi Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris Tour in 3 Days

Well, thanks for all the valuable information.

Now as I understand, it would be difficult to cover both Disney Land and Versailles museum within the time available. Suppose I drop Disney plan:

1. which are the places I can plan and the suitable mode? Should I take a guided tour?

2. How far in terms of distance and time is Paris Charles de Gaulle airport from Gare du Nord (where I plan to stay)? Is it metro connected?

Regards.

Charu

Navi Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris Tour in 3 Days

Hi,

Thanks for all the feedback.

Well I have finally booked accommodation at Mithouard Apartment, 1-bis Place Du President Mithourd in Paris and I believe Eiffel Tower is within 2 km radius.

As discussed in my previous mails, we plan to reach Paris from London on a Tuesday around 16.00 hours by Eurail and would leave on same week Friday to catch a flight from CDG airport around 13.40 hours.

Now we will have two full days of Wed and Thu in addition to some time on Tue eve (the day we will reach Paris).

I plan to drop Disney Tour and one of the plans which I have made is as below:

Tue Eve: Paris by Night Tour (Can we see Eiffel Tower also on the same day)?

Wed: Eiffel Tower, Paris City Tour and River Seine Cruise

Thu: Louvre Museum and Versaile Palace

I need assistance on the following:

1. Suggestions/ modifications on the plan which I have made.

2. Suitable Mode of transport in Paris (Someone suggested me to go by a Cab while going for Paris City Tour, Paris by Night Tour and Versaile Palace tour).

3. Do I need to book in advance for Eiffel Tower and other places? If so how to go about it.

4. Any other comments.

Regards.

Charu U

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris Tour in 3 Days

How was your,stay at the Mithouard Apartments? Any tips/suggestions? Thanks in advance, Larry & Kelly

8. Re: Paris Tour in 3 Days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2014, 02:18