We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nuit Blanche on 6th October 2012

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,871 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Nuit Blanche on 6th October 2012

Hi, we will be in Paris for five nights from 2nd to 7th October inclusive. It is our wedding anniversary on 6th October, and we were planning to book dinner at Le Jules Verne that evening.

I have just discovered that that night will be Nuit Blanche. I am not really sure what this is, and am wondering if that will affect our plans to dine at JV that night.

Can anyone fill me in on this please.

Thanks, Deb

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,462 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nuit Blanche on 6th October 2012

Nuit Blanche is a nighttime festival of art installations in outdoor locations around the city.

It will not affect your plans a bit.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nuit Blanche on 6th October 2012

In any case, the programme will not be released until the beginning of September. Generally, the Nuit Blanche is more interesting than having dinner in a restaurant, however.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,871 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nuit Blanche on 6th October 2012

Thanks for the replies. It is our anniversary that day Kerouac and we particularly want to spend it at Jules Verne after having a wonderful lunch there earlier this year.

We can always join in the Nuit Blanche activities after dinner!

Deb

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,462 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nuit Blanche on 6th October 2012

Yep - the Nuit Blanche activities run all night.

(some installations are more interesting than dinner, others are less interesting than watching paint dry.)

Stockport, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Nuit Blanche on 6th October 2012

all the museums and installations are free to enter and are open till 5.30 in the morning, there will be light shows and events all over paris so should make your anniversary a memorable one, the metro is open till 3am on some lines and 5am on some others

Stockport, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Nuit Blanche on 6th October 2012

i am going myself today especially for nuit blanche on saturday, have agreat time bon voyage

7. Re: Nuit Blanche on 6th October 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2013, 05:15