We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from CDG airport to Esplade de la defence

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from CDG airport to Esplade de la defence

Hey everyone :) I really need some urgent help regarding transport in Paris from the airport to the metro stop "esplade de la defence"

I know that I need to take the RER B train, switch to metro and go. But what tickets should I buy? Is the ticket for the RER train also valid for the metro?

Is there a smarter ticket option like getting a daily ticket or a pass for a few days as I will be in Paris for 4 days and I would like to spend cost effectively.

Im landing there tomorrow at noon, so if someone can answer me quickly it will be very helpful.

Thank you so much! :)

Andrésy, France
Level Contributor
5,445 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from CDG airport to Esplade de la defence

The RER ticket you'll buy at the airport is valid on the métro too. Just make sure you keep it until you exit the system. If you're in Paris for 4 days you'll probably be best with a carnet of ticket t+. This is effectively 10 individual tickets valid on any métro line, RER (within central Paris only - i.e. not to La Défense or Versailles) or on any bus including changes going in the same direction for maximum 90 minutes. You cannot ride on métro/RER and buses using the same ticket. With a ticket t+ you can take the métro to La Défense but not the RER. Usually the Paris Visite ticket is not worth it unless you spend your life getting on & off public transport.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
22,732 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from CDG airport to Esplade de la defence

and note that the daily pass i.e. the Mobilis even when bought for zones 1-5 is not good for travel to or from the airport -- so for your initial run in get the 9.50 RER ticket to Paris and switch at St Michel to the metro line 1 which terminates at la Defense

3. Re: Getting from CDG airport to Esplade de la defence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2014, 00:18