We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what is best and cheapest prepaid SIM CARD in france?

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
3 helpful votes
what is best and cheapest prepaid SIM CARD in france?
Save

Hello,

I will be in Paris for One week and need french number and internet on my mobile.

I want to have possibility to receive call and maybe make some few calls in french+using internet(for surfing+checking my email).

In this situation what is best and cheapest suggestion?!!

which operator is better (Orange or SFR)?

Greenwich Village...
Level Contributor
5,950 posts
31 reviews
16 helpful votes
221. Re: what is best and cheapest prepaid SIM CARD in france?
Save

Orange has other prepaid SIM cards that are less expensive than the Holiday package, if you don’t need the international calls/texts & so much data. You can check their website or go to an Orange boutique.

Boston...
2 posts
222. Re: what is best and cheapest prepaid SIM CARD in france?
Save

SIM card Paris France

Boston...
2 posts
223. Re: what is best and cheapest prepaid SIM CARD in france?
Save

What is the best sim card in france

Greenwich Village...
Level Contributor
5,950 posts
31 reviews
16 helpful votes
224. Re: what is best and cheapest prepaid SIM CARD in france?
Save

Best? There is no one best option for everyone. You have to compare price vs features/quality of service, and also what exactly your own needs will be: do you want a lot of data, just local phone Service or international calls/texts? Take some time to browse the many other on-going conversation threads about the various providers (set your search to sort by date, not relevance to see most current posts).

I personally prefer Orange, which has many different options with different features at different costs, and offers excellent coverage.

https://m.boutique.orange.fr/mobile/offre-mobile/carte-prepayee-orange-holiday-eng?MCO=OFR

But what is “best” for me may not be what’s best for you.

Edited: 2 years ago
Lismore, Australia
Level Contributor
3,209 posts
19 reviews
8 helpful votes
225. Re: what is best and cheapest prepaid SIM CARD in france?
Save

prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/France

I agree with lsi..imo the best sim card in france is the orange holiday

boutique.orange.fr/mobile/carte-prepayee-orange-holiday-eng

Tiruppur, India
1 post
226. Re: what is best and cheapest prepaid SIM CARD in france?
Save

bharat@gemwears.com

Greenwich Village...
Level Contributor
5,950 posts
31 reviews
16 helpful votes
227. Re: what is best and cheapest prepaid SIM CARD in france?
Save

is that last post an ad for something?

or are you actually trying to ask or answer a question relating to French SIM cards?

BILLINGS
Level Contributor
3 posts
247 reviews
161 helpful votes
228. Re: what is best and cheapest prepaid SIM CARD in france?
Save

My husband and I were in Paris for two weeks. He got an "Orange" sim card and I got service through Bouygues. We purchased these in a small tobacco/convience store, which is common to do. We do not speak

French, but the clerks were trying to be helpful. I found out, after we had left Paris and were in the Brittany area that the card I got was not really a Bouygues card, but a Lebra. It did not recharge, which was unfortunate, because I had purchased 10Euros worth of time on the internet and it could not be loaded onto this card. Other than that I was very satisfied with the connection of Bouygues, in Paris and the countryside of Brittany. My husband on the other hand had a "orange" sim card and we did get it recharged in Pontivy. The bad thing about Orange is the reception in this area of the country is very poor, even in Pontivy. We would not buy the Orange sim card again, but would go with a Bouygues card that can be recharged over the internet.

Greenwich Village...
Level Contributor
5,950 posts
31 reviews
16 helpful votes
229. Re: what is best and cheapest prepaid SIM CARD in france?
Save

The Orange SIMs (including the Holiday SIM) can also be recharged on the Internet. I recharge mine & my husband’s whenever needed on the Orange website, using our US credit cards.

But I can’t comment on cell service in Brittany, so perhaps it’s not the best option in that region. In France I use my Orange SIM mostly in the Paris & Anjou regions; and I’ve also used mine in London, Belgium & Italy with no problems.

Edited: 2 years ago
Ellicott City...
1 post
1 review
2 helpful votes
230. Re: what is best and cheapest prepaid SIM CARD in france?
Save

Can I buy the Orange or Bouygues sim card anywhere in Paris Airport (CDG)?

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.