We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nimes airport shuttle

Which Nimes hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
Level Contributor
202 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Nimes airport shuttle

Hi Folks,

Looking for help once again on the navette from airport to Nimes station. I can't find any timetables on the Tango website, and a search provides a splash page for the navette but no more details. Also, the list of lignes and hours no longer lists ligne 30.

Is this service still running does any one know? If so, is there somewhere else to get a timetable? And if it is not running, is there a preferred alternative?

Many thanks (fyi the airport website is still down)

J.

Gard, France
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
11,543 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nimes airport shuttle

I used it on Saturday evening to get from the airport to Nimes; the navette now stops directly outside the front of the station, since there have been changes to the layout on Avenue Feuchères. As you will know, navettes run to match arrivals/departures. I imagine this info mentioning 2 hours before flights is still current:

http://www.nimesairport.com/Access/

Edited: 01 April 2013, 12:01
scotland
Level Contributor
202 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nimes airport shuttle

Thanks,

My old copy timetable shows bus departure times from Nimes gare varied by as much as 20 mins for each flight. This is the bit that I need to know in case my son gets to the station too late for the bus. And since he will be traveling to London rather than Edinburgh, I'm not confident that I can use the old guide that i'm used to.

With no timetable and no airport website, Nimes is doing a great job at confusing the poor traveler. And getting no replies from Tango or Tourist office either.

Gard, France
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
11,543 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nimes airport shuttle

I might have to go to Nimes tomorrow; if I do, I'll pop in to the bus office, which is in the railway station to ask. You're right about the various agencies not helping Nimes very much!

scotland
Level Contributor
202 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nimes airport shuttle

Hi,

Many thanks, Very much appreciated if you do get the chance.

J.

Gard, France
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
11,543 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nimes airport shuttle

I did go to Nimes and have picked up copies of the shuttle timetable for April till October, although the woman in the Tango bus info thought she only had timetables up to the end of April!

I'll be out of internet services while travelling from Wednesday morning until Friday, but if you still have no joy and would like to send me a PM about when your son will be travelling and the route, I'll send you details..

scotland
Level Contributor
202 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nimes airport shuttle

Very many thanks, PM sent.

Regards,

J.

Montpellier, France
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nimes airport shuttle

Can`t you just scan the timetable and put it online? It`s so frustrating it`s such a mission to see this timetable! I fly into nimes 3 times a year to visit my brother in montpellier and every time I waste so much time trying to find it online when I`m staying with him...

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,315 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nimes airport shuttle

The timetable can be downloaded here.

tangobus.fr/upload/…navette_aeroport.pdf

It changes every time the airlines change their flight schedules as it runs only when they run. The edition below is valid until 26th October and will presumably be updated as and when required..

It details which incoming and outgoing flights are connections.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nimes airport shuttle

Hi guys - a quick question about the shuttle bus. I will be arriving at Nimes train station, and hope to get the shuttle bus to the airport. However, there are only 10 minutes between my train arrival time and the bus departure time. So my question - do I have enough time to find the bus, and purchase a ticket? Can you purchase a ticket directly from the bus?

Thanks very much for your time!

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,286 posts
755 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nimes airport shuttle

10 minutes is enough time. The bus leaves from right outside the station and it is prominently displayed on the side of the bus that it is the Nimes airport shuttle. You buy your ticket from the driver.