We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honfleur Restaurant With Road Access & Parking?

Montclair, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
Honfleur Restaurant With Road Access & Parking?

I will be driving from CDG airport to Bayeau and would like to stop in Honfleur to get a glimpse of the town and grab a seafood lunch. Does anyone have a Honfleur restaurant recommendation that has easy road access and that I can park at, or nearby? Many thanks. I have bit of anxiety since this will be my first time driving in France and I don’t speak the language.

5 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
1 review
1. Re: Honfleur Restaurant With Road Access & Parking?

As you drive into the town there is a large car park just before the Vieux Bassin, If you look at google maps its clearly signposted just off Quai de la Tour. Honestly, you won't have a problem. The town is lovely. Enjoy.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
512 posts
7 reviews
3 helpful votes
2. Re: Honfleur Restaurant With Road Access & Parking?

The car park at Quai de la Tour gets filled up and very busy and the spaces are tight – if you've seen French drivers park their cars you might be worried – I know I was.

An alternative car park alongside Bassin de l'Est is large with easier access and is the same short walk to the Town centre and restaurants.

If you want to sit out side and watch the other tourists walking by then any of the Restaurants around the Port de Honfleur will give you a tourist meal and speak some English.

We have used Le Café de Paris (on Quai des Passages) a few times and found it a better meal and the Owner, and most of his Staff, speak better English than you and I – the French use this restaurant which is always a good indicator.

Reviews of the Restaurant are on TA.

Montclair, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
3. Re: Honfleur Restaurant With Road Access & Parking?

Thank you, much appreciated. Cheers!

Montclair, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
4. Re: Honfleur Restaurant With Road Access & Parking?

Thank you, much appreciated. Cheers!

Aix-en-Provence...
Level Contributor
558 posts
47 reviews
19 helpful votes
5. Re: Honfleur Restaurant With Road Access & Parking?

If you can drive in New Jersey you are more than qualified to drive in France.

Though the drivers in France are better than most of the drivers anywhere in the US, IMHO, because generally they obey the speed limits, they don't pass on the right, and are mindful of the drink/driving laws.

Reply to: Honfleur Restaurant With Road Access & Parking?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted