We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

20th Anniversary Trip. A wonderful afternoon in Honfleur

Virginia
Level Contributor
707 posts
108 reviews
20th Anniversary Trip. A wonderful afternoon in Honfleur

Here is a link to how we spent the morning:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g48293…

We arrived in Honfleur starving for lunch so made that our top priority and enjoyed a wonderful lunch of fish stew, moules & frites, and cider. The weather was glorious, sunny and cool and we spent a good hour on the docks just walking around enjoying the picturesque scenery and snapping pictures. I actually laid on the wall at one point soaking in the sun like a gecko and it was heaven.

We also explored the town for some time, it's charming. We visited Eglise Sainte-Catherine-de-Honfeur, and marveled at the ceiling like the hull of a ship. This is a lovely and very unique church and well worth a visit if you are here.

Honfleur was very crowded. It was school holidays plus I know it's very popular. We didn't let that take anything away from how lovely it is. We kept putting off leaving and sat outside a little pub drinking Duvel to avoid the inevitable. But after a few hours and our fill of sailboats, we did move on to our next stop, Bayeux.

5 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
26,066 posts
61 reviews
1. Re: 20th Anniversary Trip. A wonderful afternoon in Honfleur

It is a gorgeous little town. We stayed a few nights and soaked up the atmosphere.

Virginia
Level Contributor
707 posts
108 reviews
2. Re: 20th Anniversary Trip. A wonderful afternoon in Honfleur

I'd love to see it at night....

It won't be hard to persuade DH to return.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
26,066 posts
61 reviews
3. Re: 20th Anniversary Trip. A wonderful afternoon in Honfleur

Try a visit to the very quirky Erik Satie museum.

Chapel Hill, NC
Level Contributor
176 posts
52 reviews
4. Re: 20th Anniversary Trip. A wonderful afternoon in Honfleur

I'm so glad I found your trip reports! We are doing virtually the exact same route next week. :) Thanks so much.

Virginia
Level Contributor
707 posts
108 reviews
5. Re: 20th Anniversary Trip. A wonderful afternoon in Honfleur

It's my pleasure. Have a great trip!

Thanks Lynn, I'll file that away.

Reply to: 20th Anniversary Trip. A wonderful afternoon in Honfleur
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted