We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Babies/ beach

London, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
104 reviews
Babies/ beach

Is this a good place to be with a 1 year old for a few days? Are there things to do and a beach nearby? Looking for somewhere a short drive from Caen. Thanks!

1 reply
Essex
Level Contributor
31,995 posts
69 reviews
1. Re: Babies/ beach

There is a beach at Honfleur, it is a short walk out of town. It is actually quite a nice sandy beach and is natural and "uncommercial", though it is looked after and kept clean.

However, the view is across the mouth of the Seine looking at Le Havre docks and industrial area (quite distant, but you can still see it) which some do not like. This does not bother me, personally, and IMO is offset by the fact that you get to see some very impressive ships passing by.

Also, although they are well signed anf fenced off, there are highly trecherous quicksands/bogs nearby, which just might be a worry for you with a little'un, though I guess. 1'er is not relly going to get away from you!

Beachy-wise I would suggest considering Arromanches-les-Bains instead, which IMO is a very attractive place, with interesting history too, to pique the interest of the adults, it's also much nearer to Caen than Honfleur.

Reply to: Babies/ beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted