We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cannes to nice airport for very early morning flight

Chicago
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Cannes to nice airport for very early morning flight

Hi all-

I am currently staying in Cannes and have a very early morning flight out of the nice airport (6:20) later this week. Unfortunately it doesn't look as though many of the budget friendly airport transportation options discussed in other forum threads are available at that time. Does anybody have suggestions as to car services/airport shuttles/taxis that would be running this early? I will probably try to leave for the airport at 4:30ish.

Thanks for your help.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,233 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cannes to nice airport for very early morning flight

When we have an early morning flight (which is usually "always!"), we stay at the Novatel Arenas across from the airport in Nice. I really encourage you to think about doing this. We usually spend the evening in Nice and the hotel offers a free shuttle to the airport. This is much easier than traveling from Cannes before an early morning flight. We've done it both ways and a night in Nice is the best way to go. You need to allow for at least an hour's travel time from Cannes to the airport, so I think you will need to head out earlier than you are expecting for a 6:30 AM flight.

novotel.com/gb/…

I would suggest that you take the 210 Express bus from Cannes to the airport. I would think that you could arrange for a hotel shuttle pick up from there, but it's also possible to walk to the hotel from the airport. There is a taxi rank to your left when you come out of the hotel for transportation into Nice. We look at this night in Nice as another aspect of our travel.

Edited: 22 August 2011, 19:22
Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cannes to nice airport for very early morning flight

The first 210 express is at 7am, so too late for the Op

cg06.fr/cms/…210.pdf

The 200 doesn't start early enough and the trains this year are also not starting early enough due to overnight line work

I would get your hotel to book an ordinary taxi, even though its not cheap

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,233 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cannes to nice airport for very early morning flight

I may not have been clear when I suggested the 210 bus to the airport. I meant that jmk10 should take it the night before her flight and get from the airport to the hotel by either a Novatel shuttle or by walking. Sorry if this was confusing.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,479 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cannes to nice airport for very early morning flight

First train leaves Cannes 04.40 arrives Nice St Augustin station 05.15 ( Mon to Friday only) but you still have a 20 min walk to Terminal 1 more to Tml 2. Would be touch and go.

I sometimes use TransEurope from Antibes : contact Franco email : pascale-franco@hotmail.fr

I am looking at last price I had for Cannes to airport was 48 euro + 15 euro supplement before 07.00 but may have gone up

Ed

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cannes to nice airport for very early morning flight

That first train is not really viable Ed.

jmk10

I would consider spending your last evening at the airport as Troggs suggests; there are less expensive hotels which are within walking distance of the airport too eg the Campanile. Some airlines let you check in the night before which will give a few more forty winks.

The rate Ed quotes is exceptionally good, but you definitely need to check for up to date prices :)

All the usual private transfer services offer early morning shuttles- price will be 85 Euros upwards.

You might try going through the list of pre-bookable services available here, (but a google search will turn up many more):

…angloinfo.com/af/150/french-riviera-taxi-sh…

Another idea is to call into the tourist office in Cannes and look for the cards/brochures airport transfer offers on the shelf there.

Hope this helps

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cannes to nice airport for very early morning flight

current timetable of train cancellations due to lovernight line work

…ter-sncf.com/Images/Paca/Tridion/Travaux_Ca…

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,233 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cannes to nice airport for very early morning flight

When we have an early morning flight, I have just found it far less stressful to go bed where I can see the airport. I've taken the early morning taxi ride from Cannes to the Nice airport, and it's not something I wish to do again. It's dark, and I would much rather spend that hour sleeping in a hotel room in Nice.

jmk10, if you can do it, I really recommend an overnight near the Nice airport, especially with a 6:30 AM flight. If it doesn't work for you, I would opt for the relative certainty of a taxi ride vs. some other transportation method, especially at that time of the morning. I would plan on leaving Cannes at 3:30 AM, allowing time for the unexpected or for things to go wrong. I've breezed through the Nice airport, but I've also been caught in long lines when the cruise ships are sending their passengers home. You really can't anticipate when this is going to happen or go crazy thinking you can. ;) It is often customary that you will a board a bus at a Nice airport gate and be taken to a plane parked in an outlying area. This means that you should be at the gate prior to the customary 30 minute boarding time, or at least that's how I plan my trips home.

I'm not meaning to worsen your dilemma. This has just been my experience traveling to Cannes for ten years when my husband attends a convention there. My husband has Platinum flying status with his airline, and when I travel home with him, we get through the airport faster than when I fly home separately. It's a whole different ballgame when you join the ranks of a regular, ordinary passenger, so if you don't have upgraded status with your airline, you need to allow more time at the airport. Nice is an efficient and well run airport, and these precautions are just the reality of modern day air travel.

Edited: 23 August 2011, 11:59
Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cannes to nice airport for very early morning flight

If you stay a night in a hotel in Nice then you could make an enjoyable evening of it. Perhaps book into your hotel in the afternoon and spend the rest of the evening exploring and having dinner in Nice. You can always get the N4 Noctambus back to a stop close to your hotel and it will only cost 1 euro. The timetable can be found here:

www.lignesdazur.com/horaires_ligne/…

Edited: 23 August 2011, 12:09
Chicago
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cannes to nice airport for very early morning flight

Hi everybody. Appreciate all of your responses. I probably should have mentioned that one of the reasons I posted this is because I'm staying in an apartment in Cannes for the week so I haven't had the resources of a concierge/front desk. Just looked up the novotel and it's 150 euro for the night, and the campanile was 98. Are there any other hotels in this area? Couldn't find any others on hotels.com. I will also email the transeurope rep as this seems like the cheapest option so far. I like the idea of getting in touch with the cannes tourism office so maybe i will do that just to get some back up plans if i stay in Cannes for the night.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cannes to nice airport for very early morning flight

Which night is it?