We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice Pebbles

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
195 reviews
Save Topic
Nice Pebbles

Hi. we are interested in renting "The Mirage" apartment from Nice Pebbles.

Looking for some current feedback on Mirage apartment and Nice Pebbles.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Best, Alan

South Bend, IN USA
Level Contributor
185 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice Pebbles

My wife and I have stayed in their apartments 5 times over the last 5 Xmas- New Year's holidays. Our experience has always been very positive. When small issues with the apartment have come up, the staff is attentive and reliable. I highly recommend Nice Pebbles. We stay in Francois so am not familiar with Mirage. To me the most important piece is location. We prefer the old city.

Kind regards,

Neil

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice Pebbles

Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice Pebbles

We've used Nice Pebbles twice in the last couple of years and are impressed by their levels of customer service and by the apartments they represent. We've used a couple of other Nice agents and they just don't compare favourably. They have strict criteria (e.g. insist on Egyptian cotton sheets) for the apartments they take on their books and don't just take anybody. A bonus is that all the staff speak fluent English (as well as French).

I don't know the Mirage personally but we stayed in an apartment in same building last month. It's a modern, smart building and the security is very good. You couldn't do better for location (unless you really want a seaview) as it's close to everything but peaceful too. It's a 'smart' part of town and very handy for buses and trams.

Isla of Man
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice Pebbles

My wife and myself have been to Nice many times but never for Christmas. We prefer apartments rather than hotels and wondered if shops etc were open over the festive season.

Chris

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice Pebbles

Christmas is a really good time to visit Nice. There are lots of special events- open air ice rink, xmas market, giant ferris wheel and fun fair, indoor theme park, concerts , living nativity,etc etc

Decorations are lovely and weather is often really co-operative

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,376 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice Pebbles

The main plus for Nice Pebbles is that , as members of FNAIM, the French estate agents association , they are fully legal managing estate agents with a bank deposit that ensures customer's interests are guaranteed. In a world of increasing online scamming and fraud involving rental properties this is to be welcomed.

Ed

Lexington...
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice Pebbles

The last two years we have used Nice Pebbles for two one month rentals in February / March. They are very good and professional. Upon arrival they meet you at the apartment and explain the workings of everything (stove, oven, television, etc.) in detail. They also set up your Internet connection before they leave. And if there is a problem they fix it right away. They even bought a new iron when the regular one did not work. I recommend them highly.

NYC, NY
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nice Pebbles

I had the worst experience I have ever had with a service company of any type from Nice Pebbles. They failed to respond to our cries for help when we realized that the flat we'd booked from them was just above a college group throwing all-night disco parties. We fled after four nights of no sleep to a nearby hotel. Not only did they refuse to consider refunding any of our fee, but they also refused to refund our deposit--they claimed we left he place a mess and were incredibly insulting in their correspondence to us. I would avoid this firm at all costs.

Hunter Valley...
Level Contributor
235 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nice Pebbles

Our experience with Nice Pebbles was professional and friendly. They answered any questions we had and stored our bags at their office on our last day. We were met at our apartment and explained the workings of appliances & set up our internet. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nice Pebbles

hotelvet - what is the point of reviving a year old thread to restate comments you made in 10 June 2012?

Noisy neighbours are a risk with any apartment or house and a property management company can do very little in the short term unless they are the agent for the other tenant as well.