We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Purchased DB train tickets, never arrived in the mail

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
705 posts
264 reviews
Purchased DB train tickets, never arrived in the mail

Hello fellow travelers, I purchased DB tickets on October 2 for use in November. There were 2 sets of tickets for my wife and me. One set from Salzburg to Augsburg and another set from Augsburg to Munich. I sent an email to the DB customer service department 3 days ago. Any thoughts on what I should do? I can cancel or request a refund. It is a month before I will need these tickets. There is a DB ticket counter in Salzburg per their web site. Thank you.

19 replies to this topic
Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
31,165 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Purchased DB train tickets, never arrived in the mail

Where did you buy them from? These tickets should have been sent electronically. Have you checked your e-mail spam folder?

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
705 posts
264 reviews
2. Re: Purchased DB train tickets, never arrived in the mail

I paid a fee to have them mailed to me. I can view the tickets and have the option of a refund and can rebook. Just giving DB another day to respond. Thanks

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
Level Contributor
4,791 posts
109 reviews
3. Re: Purchased DB train tickets, never arrived in the mail

Some companies are notoriously slow in responding via email... I'd either give it a few more days or I'd call:

0044 (0) 8718 80 80 66 or

001 (0) 646 88 33 264

Both phone numbers are answered in English.

If you can view the tickets, it shouldn't be tough to get an electronic ticket, especially if you use the DB app.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,736 posts
4. Re: Purchased DB train tickets, never arrived in the mail

Train tickets count as service and the shipping is - unlike with goods - the risk of the customer. DB sends the tickets by standard mail. Thus not traceable.

You can do both trips on a Bayern Ticket (Bavaria Ticket) if you stick to regional trains. This day ticket is EUR 31 (counter EUR 33) for 2 persons and can be bought on spot. It covers besides regional trains also all other local public transport in Munich and Augsburg (U-Bahn, trams, buses).

www.munich-touristinfo.de/Bavaria-Ticket.htm

If you bought Sparpreis (savings fare) or Flexpreis (standard fare) tickets you can even claim the money if they arrive too late (albeit you have sent them to DB). If they never arrive or if you already bought Bayern Ticket and it arrives too late, the money for the tickets is lost.

> and have the option of a refund

No. Not for the tickets you bought. Only online tickets can be revoked. The tickets you bought are not personal and cannot be revoked. It's nearly like shipping a bank note. The tickets you bought can be only refunded if you return them as original (and not stamped by a conductor) tickets.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich
Level Contributor
4,037 posts
36 reviews
5. Re: Purchased DB train tickets, never arrived in the mail

I think you will find that if you ordered tickets by post then you will require those tickets physical tickets to come in order to cancel them and get a refund

Regardless, theres no need to buy tickets in advance so i would just wait and see if they come. Theres a regional train every half hour to Augsburg and every hour to Salzburg on which you can use a "Bayern ticket", day ticket for regional services, and these can be bought at the station.

You can then travel flexibly to Augsburg or Salzburg on any (regional) train you wish, with the one restriction of a blackout before 9am on Monday-Friday.

A bonus is that its valid on the Munich underground, tram, bus and sbahn for unlimited travel on that day.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,736 posts
6. Re: Purchased DB train tickets, never arrived in the mail

> If you can view the tickets, it shouldn't be tough to get an electronic ticket, especially if you use the DB app.

Nope. See the last paragraph of my previous answer.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,736 posts
7. Re: Purchased DB train tickets, never arrived in the mail

> if they arrive too late (albeit you have sent them to DB).

Actually you have to sent all tickets back to DB. The tickets arriving too late for you and the tickets you bought instead to make the trip.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,736 posts
8. Re: Purchased DB train tickets, never arrived in the mail

A further scenario: the tickets may be returned to DB as not deliverable. This can happen as the address formats are not everywhere the same and the postal services are increasingly inflexible nowadays. Than you'll get also a refund.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
705 posts
264 reviews
9. Re: Purchased DB train tickets, never arrived in the mail

Since I purchased the tickets on line, I was able to change them at no charge. I then got an email confirmation for each ticket that I can take to the train station in Salzburg and obtain my tickets. Thanks to all. 1NCF

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,739 posts
4 reviews
10. Re: Purchased DB train tickets, never arrived in the mail

Well, then it appears you didn‘t select to have the tickets physically mailed to you, otherwise you wouldn‘t have been able to do that as abalada expained.

That also explains why you never received them. They were never shipped and weren‘t supposed to be shipped.

Reply to: Purchased DB train tickets, never arrived in the mail
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted