We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Stations at Frankfurt Airport

Washington DC...
14 posts
Save Topic
Train Stations at Frankfurt Airport

Hello everyone,

I will be flying in Sept. 2 to FRA. Then take the train to Trier. I have purchased SWT (happy weekend ticket) ticket to Trier via Koblenz. I realized that there are two train stations in FRA. The train I will take will be RE4256. Am I supposed to go to the long distance train station or the regional train station?

I asked before if this SWT ticket is valid to continue my trip to Luxembourg. And I was told not valid even I take the RE train to Luxembourg. I searched over internet and found one article specifically said the SWT ticket valid to Luxembourg. However, the article was a couple of years old. Could someone tell me if it is valid?

On my last day in Frankfurt, I need to ride the train from city center to the airport. Where can I buy the S Bahn train ticket for 4.95 Euro? DB website shows me some trains are not available to purchase tickets for unknown reasons (between 8-9am).

Thank you so much for your help!

12 replies to this topic
Washington DC...
14 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Train Stations at Frankfurt Airport

That is good news. Thanks for letting me know.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
39,082 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Train Stations at Frankfurt Airport

> Do I have do buy a bus ticket?

Yes. As these regional buses are not covered by a SWT (they would be covered by a Rheinland-Pfalz Ticket).

> Where is the bus stop located in Bahnhof Türkismühle?

At the side of the station building. No road on the other side anyway.

www.tuerkismuehle.de/images/img_9679.jpg

Reply to: Train Stations at Frankfurt Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted