We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wheelchair Rental in Frankfurt

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
54 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Wheelchair Rental in Frankfurt

We are planning to visit Germany for the Christmas Markets for our 2nd time in 4 years. My health has declined and I am now on an portable oxygen concentrator. Walking distances is difficult. We have our itinerary laid our and plan to avoid the hillier Markets. We are thinking maybe a transport/portable wheelchair might be the answer. Does anyone have experience renting one in the Frankfurt Airport? Our base is Morbach which is a small town which might not have medical equipment. Any help is appreciated. We look forward to our visit!

Mentioned in this post
Germany
Germany
Europe
Frankfurt Airport Tours
Frankfurt Airport Tours
122 Reviews
Frankfurt, Germany
4 replies to this topic
Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
10,791 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wheelchair Rental in Frankfurt

You need a Sanitätshaus, and googling Sanitätshaus Mosbach gave me this address: sh-schach.de/filialen/mosbach-hauptgeschaeft… They have five shops in Mosbach and surroundings. If you are able to cope with the transfer (you say "we", so there are others to help you?), then perhaps the shop in Mosbach is the easier way.

For Frankfurt Airport itself, this will be of help: https:/…passenger-support-service.html

Mentioned in this post
Frankfurt Airport Tours
Frankfurt Airport Tours
122 Reviews
Frankfurt, Germany
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
54 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wheelchair Rental in Frankfurt

You are an angel!' You have answered my prayers! My husband and I are actually staying in Morbach not Mosbach but now knowing the correct name of the facility — Sanitätshaus — I googled it in Morbach and there is one! Now I just need to learn how to speak German! Lol. We will probably rent our car from Sixt again and can use the info you provided about transport at FRA to get to it. Airlines are also helpful. Again, I can not thank you enough!

Mentioned in this post
Frankfurt Intl Airport
Frankfurt Intl Airport
Frankfurt, Germany
Boppard, Germany
Destination Expert
for Boppard
Level Contributor
2,402 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wheelchair Rental in Frankfurt

Is that Morbach in the Hunsrück? Google shows several "Sanitätshäuser" in Morbach, like this one:.

https://www.sanitaetshaus-schichtel.de

They say on their website that you can rent "Hilfsmittel" (aids) , and that would include wheelchairs. Why don't you just e-mail them or use the form under "Kontakt". It would be unusual if nobody understood English.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
54 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wheelchair Rental in Frankfurt

Thank you also for your great help! Googling had shown that that is the facility just down the street from St. Michael's where we will be staying. We are good friends with the proprietor Michael who can help us with language although I agree with you that it shouldn't be a problem. German people are very helpful and gracious. I will email them today let you know the results. Again, many thanks.

Reply to: Wheelchair Rental in Frankfurt
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted