We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Modern, stadium seating, English language theaters?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
47 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Modern, stadium seating, English language theaters?

Hi - visiting Frankfurt and looking for the above to see Dunkirk or maybe another recent release. I am staying in central Frankfurt so that area ideal. Any guidance appreciated! Thank you

2 replies to this topic
Idstein, Germany
Level Contributor
253 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Modern, stadium seating, English language theaters?

Cinestar Metropolis shows it in English (look at OV)

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
17,227 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Modern, stadium seating, English language theaters?

The only place that I can think off that plays original versions in Downtown Frankfurt is Cinestar/Metropolis. (There used to be Turm Palast that only played original versions, but it is long gone) The complex is great and usually they have 3-4 auditoriums that play original versions.

There Website is a mess and I could not even find a english version, but as the Theater is by Escherheimer Turm in Central Frankfurt, I would just go and see what movies are offered.

You can check the Website, if it says OV behind the movie titel means Ogriginal Version, if it says OMU it means it is the original version with subtitels.

cinestar.de/de/…

(Btw, in the same complex are two nice restaurants, so you can have some food before or after the movie)

Edited: 18 August 2017, 05:13
Reply to: Modern, stadium seating, English language theaters?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted