We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mainz to Ruedesheim

6 posts
Save Topic
Mainz to Ruedesheim

Hi all,

I'm been looking at the RMV map and can see that the RB10 services Ruedesheim. From my understanding, I'd need to head down to Wiesbaden and take the train from there.

I'd like to confirm that the RB10 still operates as oddly on Google Maps no information is given about what stops at Ruedesheim HBF!

4 replies to this topic
Paradise, California
Destination Expert
for Rhineland-Palatinate
Level Contributor
7,136 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mainz to Ruedesheim

Use the DB railway itinerary search page for train info - not google.

https:/…en

RB10 isn't a train that "operates" - it's just a route. RB trains with exotic 5-digit numbers serve the Mainz - Wiesbaden all day long.

The trip takes 50 minutes - any RB train from Mainz to Wiesbaden, then the VIAS train from there. The VIAS train looks like this:

bahnbilder.de/1200/der-nahverkehr-auf-rechte…

6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mainz to Ruedesheim

Thanks for your reply.

Isn't DB different from RMV? I've been following the RMV map to plan my trips, and from what I gathered RB10 is RMV's route and can take me to Wiesbaden.

I'm buying the RheinMainCard so I'm trying to stick to routes serviced by RMV.

Paradise, California
Destination Expert
for Rhineland-Palatinate
Level Contributor
7,136 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mainz to Ruedesheim

The DB site provides the train scheduling information and details about platform numbers, etc. in a mostly easy-access format. It covers all trains - no matter who operates them - in Germany and in Europe, pretty much. This site provides itinerariesand information for all trips within the RMV (and the hundreds of other local transit authorities in Germany) as well. (DB also owns/operates many trains in Germany, of course.)

The RMV is the local transit authority for Frankfurt/Mainz region. It doesn't own/operate trains - there aren't any "RMV trains" - but within the RMV jursidiction, it controls local ticketing on local/regional trains operated by DB, VIAS and others (you have to use the RMV website to get prices for local trips like Mainz to Rüdesheim, for example.) It also offers up maps like the one you are using. It is possible to use the RMV site for train itinerary information as well, but only for destinations under its jurisdiction.

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
11,092 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mainz to Ruedesheim

RMV doesn’t provide Google schedules and other data as Google, a commercial site, wouldn’t pay for it. Hence, Google Maps is pretty much useless when it comes to public transportation in the Rhine-Main-Area. Use the DB/Bahn or the RMV website.

From Mainz you can do a quick bus ride over the Rhine to Mainz-Kastel to catch the VIAS train to Rüdesheim. Next stop is Wiesbaden then. But if you are near Mainz Hauptbahnhof it is usually quicker to take any train to Wiesbaden and change there.

Reply to: Mainz to Ruedesheim
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted