We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you buy a ticket to go from rudesheim to koblenz

Pipe Creek, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
Can you buy a ticket to go from rudesheim to koblenz

I'm staying in rudesheim. Can I just get on the kd from rudesheim or do I have to start in mainz? I want to go to koblenz from rudesheim, then take the train back to rudeshem, is that possible. Do I just purchase a meinz ticket and wait for the boat in rudesheim? Thank you. Ann

4 replies to this topic
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19,549 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you buy a ticket to go from rudesheim to koblenz

Confusing question. If you are staying in Rüdesheim, just get a ticket there. There are multiple boats leaving daily in the summer. I would suggest a one way to St Goar(why Koblenz?) and if time permits a visit to Burg Rheinfels there and train back

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
2,990 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you buy a ticket to go from rudesheim to koblenz

Some informtion on the riverboat tours you can find here:

https:/…

Boppard, Germany
Destination Expert
for Boppard
Level Contributor
2,536 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you buy a ticket to go from rudesheim to koblenz

Most boats start in Rüdesheim and go to Boppard. Only a few start in Mainz. It is true that the boat are there for touristic purposes but they still run according to a schedule with different stops and the price depends on how for you go. Google KD timetable.

Rüdesheim/Bingen to Boppard is the most beautiful part. Upriver from Rüdesheim and downriver from Boppard is still nice but less spectacular. There are train lines on either side that meet in Koblenz. The station is however more than a mile from the boats. If you end your cruise on the left bank (St. Goar or Boppard), you can return to Rüdesheim by train+ferry. Most convenient are either ferry from St. Goar to St. Goarshausen + train to Rüdesheim or train to Bingen + ferry to Rüdesheim.

Edited: 26 April 2018, 09:28
Paradise, California
Destination Expert
for Rhineland-Palatinate
Level Contributor
7,120 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you buy a ticket to go from rudesheim to koblenz

Rüdesheim to Koblenz takes 4 hours - Rüdesheim to St. Goar 1 hr. 40 min. - Rüdesheim to Boppard 2 hrs. 35 minutes. As detbo suggests, the most scenic part is southern part, not the northern part near Koblenz.

Boppard and St. Goar are both on the opposite river bank from Rüdesheim. If you want to visit one or both of those towns, get off the KD cruise boat there. As detbo suggests, you can ferry easily from St. Goar to St. Goarshausen - this is a FERRY that goes back and forth all day long (not a cruise boat.)

schiffbilder.de/1024/personen-fahrzeugfaehre…

Then get the direct train to Rüdesheim.

HOWEVER... If you don't care to visit St. Goar or Boppard... you can ride the KD cruise boat directly from Rüdesheim to ST. GOARSHAUSEN (the next stop after St. Goar) - then ride the direct train back to R'heim. This would be the easiest way to just take a cruise and return.

Reply to: Can you buy a ticket to go from rudesheim to koblenz
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted