We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bonn to Koln

India
Level Contributor
143 posts
98 reviews
Bonn to Koln

Hi,

I am going to take the train from Bonn to Koln which costs 11.50 euro. Will it also cover the 4 stop sin the local bus in Koln to my destination from Koln station?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,744 posts
1. Re: Bonn to Koln

If you use a VRS price level 4 single trip ticket (EUR 11,40) this ticket covers the regional trains between both cities and all local public transport in either city. Thus you can travel on such a ticket from anywhere in Bonn to anywhere in Cologne.

https:/…vrs-about-us.html

Note that long distance trains (IC/EC or ICE) are not covered by VRS tickets.

India
Level Contributor
143 posts
98 reviews
2. Re: Bonn to Koln

Thank you-- but is there a cheaper ticket just from Bonn station to Koln station? As we can really go to our destination by a little walking.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,744 posts
3. Re: Bonn to Koln

Sorry, gave you the by mistake the price for a price level 5 ticket.

Single trip ticket price level 4 is EUR 7,80.

Mini group (up to 5 persons) day ticket is EUR 26,50.

> Thank you-- but is there a cheaper ticket just from Bonn station to Koln station?

No. VRS tickets are zone-to-zone local public transport tickets. No point to point tickets for regional trains for trips inside the VRS.

You could buy such p2p tickets for long distance trains. But this won't you save you money. E.g. by IC trains the trip is EUR 11,50 as you already found out.

Edited: 13 November 2017, 09:14
India
Level Contributor
143 posts
98 reviews
4. Re: Bonn to Koln

Thanks-- just to make sure i understand it corectly-- the 7.80 euro ticket will cover the local transport in Koln right? Also how many strips we need for 2 people ?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,744 posts
5. Re: Bonn to Koln

> Thanks-- just to make sure i understand it corectly-- the 7.80 euro ticket will cover the local transport in Koln right?

Yes. But it is still a single trip ticket. Thus you can e.g. proceed from the station to your hotel by tram/bus. You've 180 minutes to complete your trip. Stopovers (inside this time frame) are allowed. Round or return trips not.

> Also how many strips we need for 2 people ?

The VRS has no stripe tickets. With 2 persons you'll need 2 single trip tickets for EUR 7,80 each.

6. Re: Bonn to Koln

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: today, 00:15