We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koln Nice Paris

Gochas, Namibia
1 post
Koln Nice Paris

I and my husband (we are from Namibia) will be in Koln on 7 May 2018. We want to visit Nice, Aprecale and Paris. And want to go back to the UK on 11 May 2018. We are willing to travel by bus. Will appreciate if you can help my with this. We think of fly to Nice. We are pensioners but fit to travel.

3 replies to this topic
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
22,121 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Koln Nice Paris

For longer distances in Europe people fly or sometimes use the (high speed) train. Booking early this is still a budget option in most cases.

Cologne has an airport Cologne-Bonn, Düsseldorf airport is also fairly near, so also convenient (but a warning that Ryanair flies out of Düsseldorf Weeze, which is nowhere near Düsseldorf)

Cologne to Paris is possible by train. bahn.com will give you timetables, and prices to book any journey up to mid-August. Train to Nice then fly to London is another possible itinerary.

I have no idea where Aprecale is

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,747 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Koln Nice Paris

For the Cologne to Paris train you are going to want to check out thalys.com rather than bahn.com because DB doesn‘t operate the direct trains on that route or sell tickets for them.

For low cost airlines beside Ryanair also check out Easyjet and Eurowings (to/from Germany).

Boppard, Germany
Destination Expert
for Boppard
Level Contributor
2,620 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Koln Nice Paris

So you intend to see Nice, a nearby Italian village, and Paris all in 4 days, including transport. Paris alone needs several days. I am afraid this will not work out. Either fly from Colgne to Nice and from there to the UK or take the train to Paris, leaving out the Riviera.

Reply to: Koln Nice Paris
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted