We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Bonn bus or taxi

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
20 posts
190 reviews
Airport to Bonn bus or taxi

I am arriving at the CGN airport at 10 pm, and I will be traveling alone so considering taking a taxi instead of the bus. Do the taxis accept credit cards? How much faster is it than the bus? Thanks in advance.

9 replies to this topic
Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,695 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Airport to Bonn bus or taxi

Well, the bus uses the Autobahn as well so a taxi will only be really faster in terms that it will leave right when you want it to leave and drop you off directly at your hotel.

Be prepared to have cash ready in case your taxi does not take credit cards.

SaarLouis, Germany
Level Contributor
635 posts
2. Re: Airport to Bonn bus or taxi

Not sure why travelling alone means a taxi would be preferable; I am more likely to take a taxi when in a group, so we can split the bill...

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
3,356 posts
52 reviews
3. Re: Airport to Bonn bus or taxi

Safety is a feeling. If you feel better with a taxi take one or even better:

Take a driving service such as Bonn chauffeur: http://www.bonn-chauffeur.de/en/

Cheaper and often more friendly and comfortable than a taxi. I used the service of the guys above for years: very reliable and very kind. Still self-driving chief Waldemar Reisich is a real nice and open character - knowing nearly everything about Bonn and some of the local VIPs :-)

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
20 posts
190 reviews
4. Re: Airport to Bonn bus or taxi

Thanks very much everyone!

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,679 posts
5. Re: Airport to Bonn bus or taxi

SB60 connecting CGN airport with Bonn is an express bus with only a few stops in Bonn. Thus travel time differences compared to a taxi will be minimal.

https:/…airport-express-sb60.html

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
3,356 posts
52 reviews
6. Re: Airport to Bonn bus or taxi

BUT a driver service waits for you - no waiting time for the bus (in this case up to 30 mins). Or a taxi starts driving - if one is there at this time.

Have in mind: Travelling time is the real end-to-end time not when both vehicles start to drive. If you are flying in from a longer distance this makes a difference.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,679 posts
7. Re: Airport to Bonn bus or taxi

> if one is there at this time

There will be taxis.

https://www.rundschau-online.de/image/280120…

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
3,356 posts
52 reviews
8. Re: Airport to Bonn bus or taxi

:-)

This daylight photo shows not 10.30 pm when flight landed and luggage is collected. And not every taxi from Cologne will be happy to drive to BN in the evening.

A few years ago taxis from Bonn were not allowed to pick up guests from lane at Cologne airport. I do not know whether this is still the case.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,695 posts
4 reviews
9. Re: Airport to Bonn bus or taxi

There are flights throughout the night at Cologne airport and taxis can‘t refuse a fare to Bonn.

There will almost certainly be a taxi available and there is no need to pre-order anything as this would only make things more complicated...

Reply to: Airport to Bonn bus or taxi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted