We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dusseldorf to Cologne

Which Cologne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pennsylvania...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Dusseldorf to Cologne

Me and my husband will be traveling from Dusseldorf to Cologne in the fall for a day trip. We found VRS day ticket that costs 32 euro using local RE trains. Is this the best/cheapest option? I see S 6 goes to cologne but I can't figure out price. Thank you.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,573 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dusseldorf to Cologne

The VRS mini group day ticket is EUR 32,60. And has the limitation that it is on weekdays only valid past 9am. But it is the cheapest option.

S-Bahn trains have the same price. VRS/VRR tickets are zone-to-zone (city-to-city) local public transport tickets. They cover regional trains, S-Bahn, Stadtbahn (mixture of metro and tram), trams and buses. You can travel on them from any point in one city to any point in the other city.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
3,823 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dusseldorf to Cologne

Adding to that I'd recommend that you take an RE train. since the S-Bahn takes much longer.

3. Re: Dusseldorf to Cologne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2014, 01:18