We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Bathrooms in Spain

Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Public Bathrooms in Spain

What is the public bathroom situation like in Spain or does it depend on the region/city? Should we bring our own toilet paper? Is there a lady that gives toilet paper for fee?

O Savinao, Galicia
Destination Expert
for Galicia
Level Contributor
6,315 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public Bathrooms in Spain

You usually purchase a cup of coffee in bar and use their toilets. Standards do vary.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public Bathrooms in Spain

As said above, we usually use the toilets in bars or restaurants (its considered rude to use them without making at least a small purchase). You'll find toilets as well in department stores and shopping malls. As well in bus/train stations. Standards do vary, but not regarding the region but the bar/cafe/whatever you are using. Its not rare to find there is no toilet paper (I never have this in my handbag, I just use a kleenex if needed). I'd never seen a lady giving toilet paper in Spain.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
64,767 posts
3,733 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public Bathrooms in Spain

Restrooms in Spain are found in any bar. You usually take a drink or coffee to use their restroom. There are pay toilets in some places on the street. But there is no place where you pay a woman to use the bathroom.

You can also enter hotels and look for the restroom on the ground floor.

El Corte Ingles is a department store that you find in most cities and they have plenty of restrooms.

Bring a small packet of tissues that have a disinfectant to wash your hands, because many places run out of soap in their bathrooms.

4. Re: Public Bathrooms in Spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 15:18
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor