We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trains, Seville to Cadiz

Newry, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Trains, Seville to Cadiz

We are going to Cadiz in June 2018 and want to know what railway station in Seville is nearest to the airport and from which we can catch a train to Cadiz .

Also name of railway station we will get off at in Cadiz.

In Cadiz we are staying at Calle San Jose, 39,

Would prefer to buy tickets at station rather than book online.

Thanks in anticipation.

18 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
58,115 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Trains, Seville to Cadiz

Trains to Cadiz leave from Seville Santa Justa station, which is a stop on the bus from the airport into the city. Or you can go by taxi of course at much greater cost.

Cadiz station is just called Cadiz.

Reservations are compulsory on some trains. Check the times nearer the date and if it's an ALVIA train you could be using I recommend booking in advance. If the train is fully booked before you get there, you will not get on.

Pueblo Nuevo de...
Level Contributor
8,217 posts
129 reviews
2. Re: Trains, Seville to Cadiz

You can have a look at the times on the Renfe website, or Loco2.com.

June is not release yet but just look at next week to give you an idea of frequency & times.

http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html

https://loco2.com/

London, United...
Level Contributor
24,035 posts
292 reviews
3. Re: Trains, Seville to Cadiz

All trains going from Seville to Cadiz require a seat so no standing allowed. The Media Distancia trains stop and are cheapest.June is not the very busiest month for travel however some trains will be much busier than others. RENFE usually add extra service during summer so check timetable prior to leaving. Getting from Cadiz station to your address is bit complicated but if you are good with maps should take about 25 minutes walk.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
4. Re: Trains, Seville to Cadiz

Check this link and keep an eye on the stops from the airport. Santa Justa is not immediately recognisable as a railway station. It's up a slope on the right hand side of the road (the side where you get off).

tussam.es/fileadmin/…

You could also check with an on-line street view. But if you miss Santa Justa there is a subsequent bus stop at San Bernardo Station (it's underground), where almost all the MD trains to Cadiz also stop.

Cadiz station is the end of the line so you are in no danger of missing that stop.

London
Level Contributor
53 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Trains, Seville to Cadiz

Hi there, do you know how long roughly it would take by bus from the airport to Santa Justa train station, it would be mid-day on Friday 23 Feb. I have 1hr 25m between landing until the 14.45 train departs. I shouldn't think getting through customs etc. would take long. Would I be cutting it fine or would you recommend I book the next train. Many thanks for your help!

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
45 reviews
6. Re: Trains, Seville to Cadiz

We took the 14:45 MD in December and bought the tickets an hour or so before we departed. There was plenty of space. There are three or four

stops in Cadiz once you are on the peninsula but you probably want the last one (which is literally the end of the line)depending on where your hotel is.

London
Level Contributor
53 posts
13 reviews
7. Re: Trains, Seville to Cadiz

Thanks, I'll be booking my ticket on line. My question was regarding the time from the airport to the train station by bus. Thanks

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
71,919 posts
3,813 reviews
8. Re: Trains, Seville to Cadiz

For trains:

https:/…Buying.Renfe.Tickets.Online.html

London, United...
Level Contributor
24,035 posts
292 reviews
9. Re: Trains, Seville to Cadiz

MonarLondon

The actual airport bus journey from leaving to arriving at the stop for Santa Justa station at end of Avenida de Kansas City is no more than 15 minutes. The bus leaves about every 20 minutes. You should make it in time. Much depends on arrival time of plane of course. My plane last week arrived at least 20 minutes early.

If you arrive late and may miss train there is always a taxi for around €23

London
Level Contributor
53 posts
13 reviews
10. Re: Trains, Seville to Cadiz

Thanks Benny Malaga!

And Cadiz Lover - I'll risk it :-)

Reply to: Trains, Seville to Cadiz
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cadiz
Recent Conversations