We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trains

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
83 reviews
Trains

We will be arriving at Malaga airport at around 1pm on Tuesday 17/01/2017 we then want to get the train to Seville di we need to book these in advance or will there be a regular service which won't be to full we can take ?

Don't really want to book in advance in case of flight delays .

Thanks

Pueblo Nuevo de...
Level Contributor
8,017 posts
129 reviews
1. Re: Trains

There is a regular service, I would think that you would be okay to book on the day as I can't see that there would be a mad rush to book tickets for a Tuesday afternoon.

Have a look at the Renfe site to get an idea of times.

http://www.renfe.com/

scotland
Level Contributor
20,587 posts
366 reviews
2. Re: Trains

(17/01/2017 )... Just take the Airport train into Malaga and take the next train from there on a Tuesday mid Jan

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
865 posts
71 reviews
3. Re: Trains

There was an interesting recent post on TA about saving money by booking the train on line whilst at your departure gate. That way you know if your flight is likely to be delayed before you book train tickets.

Perhaps worth using the search facility at the bottom of the page.

Mind you I have been delayed by an hour on a flight that landed on time, so departure gate time is no guarantee. (Apparently the passport hall was too busy so we were all kept on the plane after it landed)

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
71,451 posts
3,815 reviews
4. Re: Trains

For trains:

https:/…Buying.Renfe.Tickets.Online.html

Cullercoats, United...
Level Contributor
647 posts
177 reviews
5. Re: Trains

We bought our tickets at the station and had no problem at all. We got tickets for the slower train which were cheaper and it was only 30 mins more, I don't know if it would be as easy to get them for the express train.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
12,192 posts
45 reviews
6. Re: Trains

There should not abe an issue of getting a ticket on a tuesday afternoon.

Not wishing to be rude, but if over 60 you can purchase a tarjeta Dorada an over 60's rail card which enables you to at least 40% discount on a weekday service. Costs 6 euros and lasts a year, all you need is to present your passport, your passport number is printed on your TD. You can then go on to purchase your ticket.

Even this one journay can cover the cost of the TD.

You can use the card on local cercanias journays too, like the airport ot Malaga or on other local RENFE services in spain

Edited: 24 November 2016, 10:24
Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
83 reviews
7. Re: Trains

Thanks for the advise am not 60+ so I'll just get the nxt train from Malaga to Seville after landing I'll prob enquire about the bus from the airport to Seville first and if there's empty seats I'll jump on that .

👍

scotland
Level Contributor
20,587 posts
366 reviews
8. Re: Trains

I'm not sure how up to date this is malagaairport.eu/wp-content/…AlsaBus-1-2.jpeg

9. Re: Trains

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2017, 00:16