We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diego Rivera Exhibition

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
58,449 posts
3,578 reviews
Save Topic
Diego Rivera Exhibition

Where: Municipal Museum, Paseo de Reding, 1 (end of park)

When: Until Aug. 28

Hours: Tuesday to Sunday: 10:00 to 15:00, 17:00 to 21:00H.

Diego Rivera came to Spain between 1907 and 1921. He was impressed by the paintings of El Greco in Toledo. He also went to Paris and was influenced by the Cubists and Pointillists. Rivera is best known for his murals in government buildings in Mexico City. The paintings in this exhibition show his avant garde paintings influenced by Europeans.

London, England
Level Contributor
8,164 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diego Rivera Exhibition

Sounds interesting, but unfortunately I have no plans to visit Malaga in the near future. However, I have seen his murals in Mexico City.

ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diego Rivera Exhibition

Thank you Benny, because I really LOVE his works... Looking forward a Frida Kahlo exhibition, too...

London, England
Level Contributor
8,164 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diego Rivera Exhibition

Yes, a Frida Kahlo exhibition would be good.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
58,449 posts
3,578 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diego Rivera Exhibition

I remember when I lived in the US, Frida Kahlo was valued more than Diego Rivera because many feminists liked her strong and independent character. Many artists like Madonna bought her art.

Did any of you see the movie Frida, starring Selma Hayek?

London, England
Level Contributor
8,164 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Diego Rivera Exhibition

Yes, I saw the film Frida and it made me want to revisit Mexico. Such a vibrant, colourful country.

Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
10,749 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Diego Rivera Exhibition

Benny, Never heard of the man, but not a artsy type person but am sure Miss Monica would love to go, so it is in the book for next time we go, THANKS. Hubie

Washington DC...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Diego Rivera Exhibition

Hi, Thanks soooo much for this post! I would've never known about this fabulous exhibit on Diego Rivera if it hadn't been for this page. I'm fascinated with Diego Rivera and all Mexican art and culture so thank you very much for sharing this with everyone. I liked this exhibit so much that I shared the information, along with cool pictures of the exhibit from flickr, on my blog: www.mexicoculture.org. I hope you'll stop by and check it out!

Take Care, Sarah

(Ps: my Twitter handle is @MexiCulture)

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
58,449 posts
3,578 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Diego Rivera Exhibition

Sarah:

I am glad you saw the exhibition and enjoyed it. Most of the time when I post about art exhibitions I seldom get any feedback from readers.

Washington DC...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Diego Rivera Exhibition

Hi Benny,

I'm glad that someone responded to your post. I think you should check out my MexiCulture blog and see if you like it! Feel free to leave me your comments there. Any good Mexican art exhibits in the U.S. that you know about? If so, I'd love to hear about them! Have a great day, Sarah

London, England
Level Contributor
8,164 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Diego Rivera Exhibition

These exhibitions very rarely come to the UK, maybe the organisers think us Brits don't care for Central and South American art.

I love Fernando Botero, but he hardly ever exhibits in the UK. However, having said that I did see a private showing of some of his works in London last year.

benny, if you know of any more of these exhibitions coming up in Spain in the future, please post.

Shame, I couln't manage to get to this one.