We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Day Trips from Torremolinos

Canada
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bus Day Trips from Torremolinos

What easy bus day trips are available from Torremolinos?

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,470 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus Day Trips from Torremolinos

One trip I will recommend is to get the train into Malaga City. Its a wonderful place to visit and you can get there cheaply and quickly on clean and regular trains.

You can also get the train into Fuengirola and Benalmadena (also reachable by bus), A trip to Mija Village is recommended and you can get the bus into Fuengirola and then change to the Mijas bus.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus Day Trips from Torremolinos

There are direct buses to a wide range of places:

Ronda, Marbella, Estepona, La Linea (if you want to walk across to Gibraltar), Mijas Pueblo, Malaga City, also the nearby resorts such as Fuengirola and Benalmádena.

There are also local trains (very clean and efficient, every 20 minutes too) which go to the airport and into Málaga City (either the city centre or the main rail/bus station). The airport is 10 minutes away by train, Málaga City 20 - from Málaga City you have lots more options for a relatively easy journey further afield such as Granada, Seville, Cordoba etc., also the other local line goes up into the mountains to Alora with its Moorish castle and spectacular scenery.

Torremolinos actually has five local train stations, so if you let us know whereabouts you are thinking of staying we can advise you on which would be the nearest.

I've been to all these places on day trips and never had any problems - you certainly don't need to hire a car - accessibility to lots of places in Andalucía is one of Torre's many advantages!

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus Day Trips from Torremolinos

Hello again, I forgot to mention that there are also various local travel agents (never buy through your hotel, they always add on extra charges) that do day-trips to a wide variety of places including some that are difficult by public transport such as the spectacular lakes and mountains up at El Chorro.

These also include Granada, Seville etc., Gibraltar, Morocco (well, Tangier, a VERY long day), Nerja and Nerja caves, the white villages of the mountains etc.

It's always worth looking at the trips the agents offer, some of them are quite good value (although not as cheap as DIY of course), especially when convenience is taken into account (e.g. Nerja and the caves only works out at about €4 more than DIY, so is popular, whereas Granada and the Alhambra is often quite tight on time there so more people do it themselves).

Edited: 20 April 2012, 04:28
Doncaster
Destination Expert
for Lassi
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus Day Trips from Torremolinos

Hi!

If you fancy a visit to Mijas there is a direct service bus from Torremolinos.

We've taken the coach trips to Ronda and Gibraltar - both good value when booked through travel agents in Torremolinos, but remember that they travel along the Costa making pick-ups before setting off for the destination, and that adds time to the journey.

Colin

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,365 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus Day Trips from Torremolinos

Another great place for a day trip is antequera, use the bus option not the train as railway station 12km from the centre.

You can get a golf buggy type bus from the bull ring that takes you to all the sites.

Ireland
Level Contributor
571 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus Day Trips from Torremolinos

is Antequera one you can do yourself? How do we go about it? Thanks

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,365 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus Day Trips from Torremolinos

If in benalmadena or torremolinos you can catch the bus number 110 and get of at the renfe station (Maria Zambrano) and then the bus To Antequera. You can get the high speed train (AVE) from the same station, but as mentioned the ave station in Antequera is well out of the centre.

Canada
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus Day Trips from Torremolinos

Thank you everyone for all the useful info. We will certainly do a few day trips by bus/train to the closer locations suggested.

Re the long distance tours to Cordoba and Granada, I'm still wondering if the Tour Coaches are a better option or can we do via train. I looked at the posted bus schedules and one is 3 hours and the other is 3.5 hours one way. Seems like you would spend the day on the bus just getting there and back.

derby
Level Contributor
597 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus Day Trips from Torremolinos

For Antequera, most buses are run by Casado, rather than Alsa, and they don't have a website. Somewhere, I've got a printed timetable for the route, which I picked up from Malaga Bus station in October, though in the end I didn't make the trip. For more info look at an old thread, at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187438-i333-k35… .

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus Day Trips from Torremolinos

Hello, We are going to stay at Marconfront Beach hotel in August (party of 6) -can you please advise me what is the cheapest way to take day trips to Granada, Seville, Gibraltar - to rent a car, or take a bus tour, through what travel agency to order tours? Thank you very, very much in advance!