We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Sevilla to Malaga

Level Contributor
26 posts
Bus from Sevilla to Malaga

Probably a stupid question. But when booking a seat from Sevilla to Malaga, which side of the bus would offer the best vistas? Seats 1-52 on the driver's side, or opposite on seats 3-50?

Granada Day Trip from Seville...
672 Reviews
from US$169.10*
Special Offer
Alcázar of Seville Early Access with...
216 Reviews
from US$33.15*
US$39.00
Best Seller
Fast-Track Seville Guided Tour into...
287 Reviews
from US$27.00*
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
23,834 posts
292 reviews
1. Re: Bus from Sevilla to Malaga

I don't think it matters but I may choose to sit on the shadier side of the bus personally which would be on the left hand side (the driver side) as for first part you are travelling from west to east more or less and at certain times of the year when the sun is lower it could be too bright on other side. Just a personal observation.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
83 reviews
2. Re: Bus from Sevilla to Malaga

I recently travelled from Malaga to Seville by bus and it was not an experience I'd repeat seats where uncomfortable .

I returned by MD train a little more expensive but a lot more comfortable and you have access to a toilet .

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
83 reviews
3. Re: Bus from Sevilla to Malaga

I recently travelled from Malaga to Seville by bus and it was not an experience I'd repeat seats where uncomfortable .

I returned by MD train a little more expensive but a lot more comfortable and you have access to a toilet .

scotland
Level Contributor
20,362 posts
366 reviews
4. Re: Bus from Sevilla to Malaga

I'd say the train is the best option also , however price may be a factor

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
83 reviews
5. Re: Bus from Sevilla to Malaga

In January the bus was €16 single and the train €24 single the travelling time was the same

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
669 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: Bus from Sevilla to Malaga

It's not impossible to get seats on the bus for as little as €5, if you are lucky. I don't find the bus uncomfortable and it has one big advantage. If you don't like your seat and others are available, you can change, because there are no stops between Seville and Málaga. On the train - although nicer scenery - you should stay in the allotted seat, because there are stops en route and you may be taking someone else's place.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
70,661 posts
3,788 reviews
7. Re: Bus from Sevilla to Malaga

For trains:

https:/…Buying.Renfe.Tickets.Online.html

8. Re: Bus from Sevilla to Malaga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 February 2017, 06:40
Edited: 10 February 2017, 06:40
Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
239 reviews
9. Re: Bus from Sevilla to Malaga

We use ALSA coaches, https://www.alsa.es/en and the seats have always been really comfy, slightly lay back and with a pull out footstool to rest your feet. Maybe we have just been lucky, I am not sure. But we prefer it to the train. We also get given a bottle of water and a cake as we get on.

We have sat on both sides, but like to be sat on the right side of the bus -

(when sat down and facing forward).

Both sides have nice views, but the first time we went by bus, we sat on that side and was glad that we did. We drove through the hills and orange groves, which was a lovey surprise. Seeing all the fruit on the hundreds of trees is something I will never forget.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
23,834 posts
292 reviews
10. Re: Bus from Sevilla to Malaga

Just to point out that the water and cake offering is on the most expensive service called SUPRA ECONOMY and not on the normal service. In case anybody had the idea that all the buses were same. Oh and on the Supra there are two seats on one side and a singles on other. So 3 across. The 2 together are on the right side of the bus facing forward.