We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time visit

Norwich
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
First time visit

Wife and I been visiting Tenerife for 20 odd years. Back in November for third time this year and we have booked a night at the Parador La Gomera. I have hired a car at the port. Will spend the day exploring the Island - any particular recommendations that we should go and see?

Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Blackpool, England
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
141 reviews
1. Re: First time visit

Not a lot if time to see this beautiful island but if it was me I would drive to Playa de Santiago and sit under the tree in the square with the locals and watch the world go bye before going to the rustic cafe on the beach for the best basic seafood you have ever tasted.

After lunch drive around to Valle Gran Rey and stop at the viewing point to take in the magnificent views over the valley before driving down to the beach. Walk along the promenade to Vueltas port and watch the world go bye.

Norwich
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: First time visit

Thank you

uk
Destination Expert
for San Sebastian de la Gomera, La Gomera
Level Contributor
350 posts
33 reviews
3. Re: First time visit

Take the time to appreciate what la Gomera is all about. In particular the Garajonay National Park, the smaller, non touristy towns, and the high villages. Start early. Take the North road out of SS to Hermigua then the road on to Agulo where they are doing a great job of restoring the old buildings in this very small town. Onwards towards Vallermosa but look for the road if to the left to the visitors centre. (Luis restaurant at the road junction, excellent for a traditional gomeran lunch - try sopa de berros). The visitors centre well worth visiting if you have time. Back on the road towards Vallermoso. You'll have some great views. From Vallehermoso onward towards VGR but it's a long drive down and back up to Gomera's main tourist town. Turn off to take the road across the to of the island and through the forest, looking out for the turning to the villages of Chipude and El Cercado. Stop in El C to visit the traditional potteries and the lovely small pottery museum there. The road from here back to SS takes you beck across the top of the island, stop at the various viewing places, particularly Los Roques to see the huge rocky cores of the ancient volcanos. Finally back to SS. Enjoy. Come back again. Stay longer.

Reply to: First time visit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about La Gomera