We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park Guelle to Sagarda Familia

TTP
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
344 posts
165 reviews
Park Guelle to Sagarda Familia

We are visiting in early december ..and if we wish to.cover Park Guel and Sagarda Famila on same day, is it wise to book Park Guell in the morning and Sagarda Familia after lunch around 2?

I saw forum discussion says there is a down hill from the park to sagarda familia . Google map says there is a metro too... is it viable transport option or should we take taxi?

6 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,264 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Park Guelle to Sagarda Familia

walk, taxi, bus. there is no sensible metro routing. re timing, yes the recommended is PG and then SF but bear in mind that the standard lunch hour is 14:00 (2PM) so I would suggest either doing both before lunch or scheduling SF around an hour later. (were it me, I would book PG at 9 or 10 and SF at noon, and then have lunch but it depends what time your want your morning to start)

TTP
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
344 posts
165 reviews
2. Re: Park Guelle to Sagarda Familia

Well planning to start PF around 10 a.m and we are slow walkers. So as u suggested after lunch around 3 SF would be sensible rite?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
62,281 posts
171 reviews
3. Re: Park Guelle to Sagarda Familia

There is no metro (subway). Park Guell is located up on a hill. The easiest way is to take the bus down if you don't want to walk.

Sagrada Familia is nicer to visit in the late afternoon anyway due to the sunlight.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,264 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Park Guelle to Sagarda Familia

yes 3 would be good. if you take the leisurely walk through Gràcia, you can easily stop and find a place to eat after 1 or so, and then continue the walk to SF

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Park Guelle to Sagarda Familia

We just did this a few weeks ago. Did the park first and took the bus to the church. Very easily done.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
257 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Park Guelle to Sagarda Familia

One thing I liked about doing the church first is with the earliest ticket we were inside before the crowds. Was able to take pictures without people in the shots. From a timing point of view we were able to take in the exterior before we went inside. Getting to the parc - taxi.

Reply to: Park Guelle to Sagarda Familia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted