We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with free shuttle from airport, then port?

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
189 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with free shuttle from airport, then port?

I'm not sure whether such a hotel exists in Barcelona?

We need a hotel with free shuttle from the airport. We are going on a cruise the next day, and will need to get to the port. Just wondered if any hotels offered a free shuttle to the port as well?

Otherwise, we will need to get two taxis. Public Transport not an option due to elderly relatives who aren't too good on their feet.

Fingers crossed x

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
23,743 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with free shuttle from airport, then port?

Hola I-hate-ironing!

Between the Aerobus and an abundance of taxis, most visitors are well-served transportation-wise and hotels must find little need to offer shuttle services.

If you plan to sightsee a bit, you should stay near Placa Catalunya. There are lots of nice hotels of all price ranges there. You could take the Aerobus (5.30 Euros per person, one-way) or a taxi (4 people, approx. 25-30 Euros, 1 Euro per suitcase extra) from the airport. You could even arrange a larger taxi van for an add'l charge.

If you don't wish to sightsee, you could find a hotel near Placa Espanya. This is the 1st stop for the Aerobus and the taxi will cost 20-25 Euros.

From either plazas, you will be able to take a taxi to the cruise terminal for 10+ Euros. Placa Espanya is a little closer to the cruise terminal.

Please check TA Barcelona Hotels or Venere.com for hotels that suit your needs and budget.

At Placa Catalunya, the Aerobus stop is very close to El Corte Ingles department store or the H10 Catalunya Plaza Hotel. Hopefully that information will help you sort through hotel choices and find a suitable one.

Edited: 15 March 2011, 16:47
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
189 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with free shuttle from airport, then port?

Many thanks for the info Gigi's Mum.

Unfortunately, the Aerobus isn't really an option due to our elderly relatives, so we have booked the Frontair Congress because they have a shuttle bus. We are arriving fairly late, so we won't have a chance to sightsee when we arrive, but will be spending a full day in Barca when we get back off the ship.

Thanks again!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
23,743 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with free shuttle from airport, then port?

I was just looking at the Front Air Congress for another member! Lovely spa and nice airport shuttle service.

Have a wonderful visit!

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187497-i44-k43347…

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with free shuttle from airport, then port?

hotel rennaissance has free airport shuttle but port shuttle costs 10 euros, not too bad Eh!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
18,821 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with free shuttle from airport, then port?

I still think you'd be better staying in a hotel in Barcelona as gigis-mum had first suggested. You may have free shuttle from the airport but a taxi from Sant Boi to the port will be quite expensive, I would imagine similar to the price of the two taxi rides from airport to Plaça espanya (say) + from there to the port.

Even if you don't do much actual sightseeing you'd have a taste of Barcelona if you only "walked round the block" from the hotel. Depending on the night you are here you might even see "magic fountain" if staying near/on Plaça espanya.

Edited: 03 May 2011, 12:54
New South Wales
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with free shuttle from airport, then port?

Hi there - would love details: Hubby & I will be arriving on the HAL Cruise lines at the port on the 29th Oct & depart 31st Oct then departing to Paris by (hotel train, I have heard is nice). to spend 3 nights in Paris.

Please could you suggest:

Best hotel to stay at while we are in Barcelona. about 3 or 3.5 star which we will easily get to from the port and is close to interesting sightseeing places (I believe a bike tour is good) as well as how we would get to the train station that takes us to Paris.

Any thoughts ideas will be appreciated.

What is the weather like in October?

Thank you in advance.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
799 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel with free shuttle from airport, then port?

We are staying at The Hesperia Tower and that has a free shuttle bus, it was one of the things I looked for.... hesperia.com/nh/…hesperia-tower.html

New South Wales
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel with free shuttle from airport, then port?

Thank you very much.

Any more info about Barcelona would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Edited: 29 April 2012, 02:22
Fort Lauderdale...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel with free shuttle from airport, then port?

Renaissance Airport hotel dropped its marriott affiliation. now just barcelona airport hotel. ghood hotel; froo airport shuttle. Anyone klnow if after the change from marriott, have they discontinued their port shuttle service?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
23,743 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel with free shuttle from airport, then port?

Hola filtraveler,

Another TA member mentioned the port shuttle service in his review of Feb 13, 2013. To be sure, you could email the hotel and ask.

tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT