We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Hotel Silken Ramblas?

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston
Level Contributor
310 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
How to get to Hotel Silken Ramblas?

Can someone help me with how to get to our hotel via public transportation? The hotel website says:

Barcelona City Transport:

By city bus: Lines 14, 59 and 91 (stop at La Rambla) and line 120 (stop at Plaça dels Àngels).

By local train: Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya: Catalunya Station, connection with the Metro, lines 1 and 3.

By Aerobus: Runs between Barcelona Airport and Plaça Catalunya. Stop at Plaça Catalunya.

This information is confusing to me, so I am hoping someone can be more specific! I realize that I should end up at Placa Catalunya Station which is less than a 5 minute walk to the hotel. Should I take metro? And then which direction should I walk when I leave the metro station? Thanks for any advice!

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
14,954 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Hotel Silken Ramblas?

Hi,

Easiest thing to do is to catch the Aerobus, there are seperate buses for each of the two terminals, they both go to Plaça Catalunya, its less than 600m to the hotel from the bus stop.

More details of the Aerobus (and all the other options) in 'FAQ - Arriving and Departing' top right of the forum page

california
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Hotel Silken Ramblas?

Hello Laura!

I think the easiest way would be, if you're coming from the Airport el Prat, take the Aerobus from outside the arrival terminal, its about 5,30 euros...and the last stop is placa de catalunya...from there walk to your hotel, which is about 0.3miles

here's the link to googlemaps, so you can check it out!

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=hotel+silken+ramblas&cp=15&qe=aG90ZWwgc2lsa2VuIHJh&qesig=Ahie02KW861Nss0MqnOn2w&pkc=AFgZ2tlyjsLv3y2sRxycXRL2MlfywuKFgY4ySi89wi5TXPpuRWwtJLGmlh8JX9ZcYOGeToioLabVWjIz4P8Euhm-prp_8pp6oA&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&wrapid=tljp1305043303872026&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
23,478 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Hotel Silken Ramblas?

Yesi and I both love maps :-P

The final stop of the Aerobus is in front of El Corte Ingles department store. If you look at this aerial photo (linked below), you'll recognize it as the bldg ACROSS from Placa Catalunya with 2 rounded ends. From point A (the bus stop), just walk down Pl Catalunya to La Rambla and so on.

http://tinyurl.com/68jzo78

Edited: 10 May 2011, 13:33
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
23,478 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Hotel Silken Ramblas?

PS, You can change this aerial photo into a regular map for printing by bringing your mouse over the box labelled "MAP". If you know how to use Streetview (the little yellow man), you can even get a frontal view of the department store.

Houston
Level Contributor
310 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to Hotel Silken Ramblas?

Thanks for all the info! That is EXACTLY the information I was looking for. Everyone on TA is always so helpful!!!

6. Re: How to get to Hotel Silken Ramblas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2012, 22:15