We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Recommendation - May 12-19

Colorado
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Recommendation - May 12-19

Coming for a few days of business followed by a few days of pleasure. Looking for a nice hotel that is within walking distance of Rambla and other tourist sites and tapas/bars. I will have a rental car but prefer to walk to what we can get to rather than having to drive all the time. My girlfriend and I work out every day and thus would like the hotel to have a nice gym. Ideas?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,273 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Recommendation - May 12-19

Check hotels in or near Placa Catalunya www.venere.com

www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,287 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Recommendation - May 12-19

Hola GoldenDoc!

I know we North Americans depend heavily on our cars but in many European cities, having a car is just a nuisance. Finding a place to park it is even worse. Barcelona is a very compact city with an extensive metro/bus/tram network. Taxis are safe, abundant and reasonably priced. Unless you need the car for a specific out-of-town trip, I would return it to the car rental agency. Not having a car will save you parking fees and greatly expand the possible hotel choices.

La Rambla is a rather touristy, tacky and expensive street. You can visit but there's no real need to be close to it. L'Eixample hotels tend to be bigger and more likely to have their own gym. However, by North American standards, those gyms may feel small and inadequate. Casa Fuster is a beautiful hotel at the top of Passeig de Gracia (Barcelona's most elegant boulevard). It's an architectural Modernist landmark too. You can see the picture of their gym in this Booking.com listing:

http://www.booking.com/hotel/es/hotelescenterfuster.en-gb.html?label=gog235jc;sid=0583402080dfe9ef0dcc9fb695dbd0f8;dcid=1;srfid=87af13f11daeebe7a47d48d4abf2cd8bX9

The modern hotels near Barceloneta beach (W, Arts, Pullman Barcelona Skipper) will have bigger gyms but that area is a bit removed from the rest of the city. You won't be that close to anything but the beach and other hotels.

Maybe you could find a nice hotel close to a fitness club.

You can use Booking.com to search for hotels with gyms. Just type in your browser "booking.com barcelona hotels with gyms".

3. Re: Hotel Recommendation - May 12-19

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 03:17