We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to wear?

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
27 posts
183 reviews
what to wear?

heading to Barcelona on 21st November, no clue what to pack, will it be warm during the day? or would I need jeans? im very confused

Best Seller
Montserrat Tour from Barcelona...
719 Reviews
from US$111.82*
Best Seller
Priority Access: Barcelona Sagrada...
3,168 Reviews
from US$44.80*
Best Seller
City Sightseeing Barcelona Hop-On...
2,545 Reviews
from US$35.30*
London, United...
Level Contributor
7,586 posts
116 reviews
1. Re: what to wear?

Do you know what to wear in Limerick every day? Only asking to discover how confused you might be about November weather.

Google accuweather.com/Barcelona for a reasonably accurate forecast for the month of November.

Anthony

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
27 posts
183 reviews
2. Re: what to wear?

well im not in Barcelona every day am I?

London, United...
Level Contributor
7,586 posts
116 reviews
3. Re: what to wear?

Sadly you are not...you are in Limerick most days.

November weather in Barcelona will be more pleasant than that of Limerick maybe ten degrees warmer each day, cooler at night, and certainly drier.

Enjoy

Anthony

Province of...
Level Contributor
374 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: what to wear?

It's quite chilly today actually, with minimums of around 3-5c predicted throughout the week. The maximum is around 17-18c. It can go above 21c during November so I would pack both a thin and a thick jacket and a jumper or two. Summer, it is not, but last week, we were all wearing short-sleeved shirts for halloween, which is unusual.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
70,592 posts
3,788 reviews
5. Re: what to wear?

holiday-weather.com/barcelona/…

Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: what to wear?

Thank you for asking that Whatwaytothebeach as myself and 3 friends are going at the end of November and were wondering the same thing.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,747 posts
7. Re: what to wear?

... ah, lasses... weather is nicer than in the north of Europe, but this ain't the Caribbean either so pack a warm jacket alongside a jumper or two. The weather in this city is rather "mild", which means that winters don't tend to be too cold. At this time of the year, a warm jacket might be needed when the sun sets. During the day, if it's sunny -which normally is- and there's no wind, temperatures are warm enough to just wear a jumper -or a light jacket- and at noon a few even dare to wear a t-shirt only.

Temperatures in Barcelona these past days: 8am 5-8ºC, 2pm 16-18ºC, 7pm 10-12ºC

Having said all that, we ALSO have the odd grey cold and humid day with winds coming down from the Pole, huh!... so don't jump to my throat if you catch one of those!

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
14,068 posts
24 reviews
8. Re: what to wear?

We were in Barcelona on the same weekend last year and quite frankly it was chilly. If I remember correctly it was one of those rare occasions (there are a few most years) when it was warmer in most of the British Isles. We were grateful that we'd decided to take jackets, I've also been in Barcelona on New Year's Day when shorts and t-shirts would have been fine during the day, although it got cool in the evening, unsurprisingly.

Anthony is talking about climate rather than weather and the best way to have a good idea of what the weather will be like (it's too early so say right now) is to look at a couple of weather forecasts a day or two before you fly and plan on that basis.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
83 reviews
9. Re: what to wear?

All I can say is that today it was 19c an warm in the sun but chilly in the shade I've worn shorts an t shirt with a light jacket .

Province of Girona...
Level Contributor
1,790 posts
29 reviews
10. Re: what to wear?

The most accurate local weather forecast can be found at www.Meteo.cat the two day forecast is usually spot on.

Opt for 'onion dressing' a term credited to another regular on this forum: Gigi's_mum. Pack layers, then you can peel them off, as the day heats up!