We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Enterprise car rental desk within Girona airport?

Barton-under-Needwoo...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is Enterprise car rental desk within Girona airport?

Hi. I've just starting to think about my summer car hire and have got a really good price through Expedia for Enterprise. Can anyone tell me if their desk is on-site within the airport? Thanks, Sally.

9 replies to this topic
Province of Girona...
Level Contributor
1,661 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Enterprise car rental desk within Girona airport?

Yes, the Enterprise desk is within the airport. Turn left as you leave the baggage reclaim, through the automatic doors, walk past the Information desk and you will find it easily. They keep the hire cars in the multi-storey car park across from the terminal.

Girona airport is small and the off-site car rental companies are just a 5 minute walk away.

Mentioned in this post
Girona
Girona
Province of Girona, Spain
Barton-under-Needwoo...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Enterprise car rental desk within Girona airport?

Hi Roxy. Thank you for your reply. I did look on their website but it just keep giving me the in town one. We are then staying in Begur but intend to do some travelling about to take in the sights. Thanks again, Sally.

Mentioned in this post
Begur
Begur
Costa Brava, Spain
Province of Girona...
Level Contributor
1,661 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Enterprise car rental desk within Girona airport?

There is an Enterprise office near the railway station in Girona, so guess that is the one you found.

Enterprise tend to be one of the 'better' car hire companies. Many of the others have lots of complaints, mainly due to Customers not reading, or understanding the contract they are getting into, so beware.

Begur is a good choice and an ideal base from which to explore the area. This forum is probably one of the most active on TA, so post away if you need advice ;-)

Mentioned in this post
Girona
Girona
Begur
Begur
Costa Brava, Spain
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Enterprise car rental desk within Girona airport?

Hi Roxy R you seem to be quite knowledgeable in this area around Girona! Would you recommend Enterprise? Had bad experience with car hire in girona with another company last year and would like a more relaxed experience this time around! :)

Edited: 14 February 2017, 15:19
Mentioned in this post
Girona
Girona
Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Enterprise car rental desk within Girona airport?

Hi Sally,

There used to be an airport office, but no longer. I was there Oct/Nov 2016 and had to rent from Girona train/coach station. Odd to lose the convenience of the airport office

Mentioned in this post
Girona
Girona
Girona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Girona
Level Contributor
707 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Enterprise car rental desk within Girona airport?

Unfortunately Enterprise have closed their office at the airport. Of the reputable firms Europcar (also known as Inter rent) and Budget (part of Avis) are still at the airport. If you stick with Enterprise there is a bus every hour from the airport to the train station but please note, unlike at the airport, it is only open office hours , i.e won't be open early, late or at lunchtime.

Barton-under-Needwoo...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Enterprise car rental desk within Girona airport?

Thank you to all that replied. Thanks for the info regarding the other companies to try.

Province of Girona...
Level Contributor
1,661 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Enterprise car rental desk within Girona airport?

I stand corrected. Sorry for the wrong information, I posted earlier. I have not been to GRO since October. Dissapointing though, as they are one of the 'better' companies.

Mentioned in this post
Haarlem, The...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Enterprise car rental desk within Girona airport?

have hired a car from Enterprise Gerona,. we took a taxi costs approx 25 euro incl tip to Gerona train station. good reception desk / office. As per website i thought it was 2 km walk from the airport. its not!! so please calculate 2 time 25 euro for the taxi to the total car rental price.( collect and return) i hope they will start a pendelbus service from the airport to the office as an extra friendly customer service. i can recommend them to hire a car from, only the distance to cover from the airport to their office and the extra costs for the taxi is not ok. all other experience we had are fine and we did not have any problems with them. good service from the Gerona office . we will rent a car here again in the future greetings from Holland - Dennis

Reply to: Is Enterprise car rental desk within Girona airport?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted