We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Figueres taxis & Dali Portlligat tickets - end of Sept

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Figueres taxis & Dali Portlligat tickets - end of Sept

We will staying five nights in Girona at the end of September and plan to travel to Figueres, to visit the Dali Theatre Museum and Toy Museum, by train and then take the 13:45 bus to Cadaques, returning from Cadaques on the 18:15. Barring delays this should allow us to catch the 20:01 from Figueres arriving back at Girona at 20:37.

If there is a traffic delay returning to Figueres we could take a later train from Figures Vilafant. Do you think taxis would be available at that time from the train station, otherwise it is a half hour walk? I would like to assume it is well lit and safe.

Re Dali Portlligat Museum, I see that there are tickets that cannot be bought online. Does anyone know how many people are admitted each time? How busy do you think it would be on a weekday mid to late afternoon the last week of September? Not buying advance tickets would make our itinerary more flexible and if none are available we would just enjoy the town and walk to Potlligat.

Many thanks in advance for your replies.

Province of Girona...
Level Contributor
1,794 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: Figueres taxis & Dali Portlligat tickets - end of Sept

You must buy tickets in advance to the Dali house in Port Lligat, that said, you can telephone the office and buy on the day, if they still have availability. I did in January and when I arrived early to collect them, I was offered an earlier time slot, as the tours were not full. The limit is 8 people, due to the size and space in each room. Here is a link, so you have an idea of availability in advance: https:/…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Figueres taxis & Dali Portlligat tickets - end of Sept

Thank you Roxy.

Good to know the limit. I'll keep an eye on the website. Just a little confused that below the tickets available it says 'tickets not available for the web,' so wasn't sure if they were only available for purchase at the museum or, as now seems more likely, they are time slots that they won't be using.

Province of Girona...
Level Contributor
1,794 posts
32 reviews
3. Re: Figueres taxis & Dali Portlligat tickets - end of Sept

If you are looking at the yellow blocks on dates in August, they are sold out, so not available to purchase. August is a very busy time

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Figueres taxis & Dali Portlligat tickets - end of Sept

No. Last week of September. I clicked on a date and scrolled down below times available. Similar graphics, but in grey.

Province of Girona...
Level Contributor
1,794 posts
32 reviews
5. Re: Figueres taxis & Dali Portlligat tickets - end of Sept

Every day in September has availability and available times are shown at the top, when you click on the date you require.Once a time slot sells out, for that day, then it moves to the bottom of the screen and shows 'Not available' because they only have 8 places for each 10 minute time slot.

Hope that makes sense. They have recently changed the website.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Figueres taxis & Dali Portlligat tickets - end of Sept

Thank you for your explanation Roxy. Now it makes sense. I'd have probably figured it out eventually as I had noticed that there were more time slots available on some days. But much quicker to ask! :)

I'll keep an even closer eye on availability.

Thanks again.

Tynemouth
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
186 reviews
7. Re: Figueres taxis & Dali Portlligat tickets - end of Sept

Sue - as you are doing this as a day trip, I really recommend buying your tickets well in advance to make sure you get a convenient slot.

We arrived in Cadaques last Monday. On Tuesday I started to look for tickets for the coming week and was surprised at how many slots were either sold out or just had one ticket left. We ended up booking for the Friday to get a good time.

If you decide not to go to the museum, I recommend you spend your time in Cadaques (which is fabulous) rather than walking to Port Lligat as there really is not much there other than the museum.

8. Re: Figueres taxis & Dali Portlligat tickets - end of Sept

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2018, 00:16