We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

do not use shuttle direct

a s
uk
1 post
1 review
do not use shuttle direct

I have just had the worst experience with shuttle sirect in costa brava, firstly we waited and hour to find the reps to put you on the coach, secondly we waited on the coach for 1 hour 30 minutes waiting for other passengers that were late, we were told there wasnt another coach for 4 hours so we had to wait for passengers, then eventually when they arrived we stopped at every resort all the way up the costa brava with 16 stops before we got to our hotel, we arrived in barcelona at 16.35 and we arrived at the hotel around 21.00 so nearly 4 hours with 2 little children for a journey that takes 45 minutes, also the coach driver left us 300 metres from the hotel in the pouring rain and we were told to walk up steep hill to hotel and they are not dropping us off outside, i have complained the shuttle direct about these points and the response we got were TOTAL LIES== MY ADVICE DO NOT USE SHUTTLE DIRECT AND IF YOU ARE A FAMILY GET RID OF THE WAIT OF A LIFETIME AND A 4 HOUR JOURNEY... the flight was only 2 hours from the uk to barcelona--DO NOT USE!!!!!!!!!!

61 replies to this topic
merseyside
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
51. Re: do not use shuttle direct

Wait till there is a problem and see for yourself this company will be hard to get hold off and will do nothing at all to help you This is the beef all the reviewers have with them.

Booking with them is a gamble. Pay a tad more and get a service where the customer comes first Book a company that cares about its reputation. LOOK at all the bad reviews that Shuttle Direct has. Then if you choose to ignore the poor reviews then its your choice.

elland
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
52. Re: do not use shuttle direct

in benidorm use benniconnect.

1 post
53. Re: do not use shuttle direct

Just had similar experience going from Girona airport to Tossa Dr Mar. What should have been roughly an hour transfer time was over 3 hours, as they don't tell you they start drop off at Callela and go back up the coast! We were last off the coach and dropped off at the bus station with 2 girls travelling independently. When we asked the driver for directions to hotels he pointed in the direction of town centre and said "that way". Fortunately tourist information was at the bus station and they were very helpful. Our hotel wasn't far away, but the two girls had to go some distance. Could accept journey if we were furthest away, but we were nearest to the airport! Worst transfer service ever experienced and have to rely on them getting us back to the airport!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
54. Re: do not use shuttle direct

If you're only going to read one sentance, read the last one (it's what i'd probably do.)

Having read a few of the negative replies i thought i should send in my two-pence. I used shuttle direct to transfer me from Malta airport to a town on Gozo (marsalforn). It cost about €1.5 so I was dubious. The only down side was that I had to wait about 1 hour at the airport for a group that never turned up (my flight was 20 mins early). But this is not the companys fault!! The reps were friendly and kept me informed. At the far end of the ferry there was another driver waiting for me. I would say the journey usually takes about 1.5 hours from airport to town. this took about 10 mins longer (excluding the wait for the no-shows). I am recomending their services to people doing the same journey as me.

From the reviews Ive seen it seems that they use the cheapest local firms that they can find, so depending on where you are you may have a good trip or a terrible one. All I can say is that from my experience, they're definatly worth using on Malta!

scotland
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
55. Re: do not use shuttle direct

I would not recommend this company under any circumstances, we booked for 26/06/17 the airport electronic system for passport control was down and it took 1.5 hrs to get out of the airport the company say they only wait for an hour , this was totally out of our control we had to pay 48 Euros for a Taxi, on return we waited outside our hotel when the reception informed us that Shuttle direct could not make it as the driver was stuck in traffic, the time was 8.25 in the morning?we had to pay another 48Euros for a taxi, a 20 minute return journey has ended up costing us 150 euros, Shuttle direct informed me that would be back in touch within 30 days, I have had no correspondence and have now mailed several times. They provided no service what so ever however were happy to take our money up front. this company should be closed down

Dawlish, England...
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
56. Re: do not use shuttle direct

I booked #shuttledirect for a transfer from Rhodes airport to Kamiros Skala several weeks ago. Today, 3 days before I travel, I get an email saying my booking has been cancelled, without any explanation. Be VERY careful, people, if you use this company. They promise what they can't deliver.

Dawlish, England...
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
57. Re: do not use shuttle direct

This is not relevant to Girona, but I booked an airport transfer from Rhodes airport through #shuttledirect several weeks ago and today, 3 days before I travel, I get an email saying my booking has been cancelled, without ANY explanation.They took my money and claim to reimburse me, but they've had it for weeks! Just be warned, people, this company still offers the service they claim is unavailable on their website. They STINK!

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
58. Re: do not use shuttle direct

I had a great experience with shuttle direct. I personally would like to thank Martin H from

Operations & Traffic Department as I made an error when booking it and he contacted me personally to double check with me which I'm really thankful for. I'm using them again!

1 post
59. Re: do not use shuttle direct

Hi is shuttle direct same company as flybus would you know ? It seems to be only way to get to Tossa de Mar without paying a fortune for a taxi

1 post
1 review
60. Re: do not use shuttle direct

I CAN ONLY WARN ANYONE TO NOT USE SHUTTLE DIRECT. The messed it up big-time in my case, nobody was there to pick us up. Even though I called the hotline one day before to reconfirm. They're incompetent and unprofessional. I hope that this company goes bankrupt soon. I'm trying to get my money back, and will sue them if necessary, I suggest you do the same!

Reply to: do not use shuttle direct
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted