We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage transfer Irun to Santiago

Perth, Australia
1 post
2 reviews
Luggage transfer Irun to Santiago

Hi everyone,

I am starting to plan our Camino and am really interested in the Norte route. My partner and I will be coming over from Australia in May 2018 and the Camino will be the start of a year of travel through Europe. We'll be travelling with two packs full of gear for the year away, and hoping to send them from Irun to Santiago where they can be stored, while we walk with our backpacks.

Does anyone have recommendations of companies that will post our packs from Irun to Santiago? I have read quite a bit about Casa Ivar storing the packs in Santiago so that bit seems OK, now just working out how to get them there!

I guess another option would be having the packs transported from Madrid/Barcelona depending on where we fly into from Australia, and then getting a flight into Irun to start the Camino?

Any advice or recommendations welcome!

4 replies to this topic
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
8,233 posts
400 reviews
1. Re: Luggage transfer Irun to Santiago

Correos, the Spanish Post, is an obvious candidate.

2. Re: Luggage transfer Irun to Santiago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2018, 06:29

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Luggage transfer Irun to Santiago

HI

Wondering if they have an email address as I’d like to arrange from Australia before flying to Europe ? Ta

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Luggage transfer Irun to Santiago

I understood luggage transfer would be arranged by place where you stay. I presume to either next alberque or Santiago as you arrange it. We will be doing the same

Reply to: Luggage transfer Irun to Santiago
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Santiago de Compostela