We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation from Bilbao to Haro area

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
152 posts
203 reviews
transportation from Bilbao to Haro area

Four of us will be traveling from our hotel in Bilbao to the town of San Vincente de Sonsierra just outside of Haro , in early October. Can someone tll me the best option for this trip....bus, private car, train ? Or a combination of of those/ Thank you

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
71,965 posts
3,813 reviews
1. Re: transportation from Bilbao to Haro area

autobuseslaunion.com/es/descarga-horarios.asp

London, United...
Level Contributor
24,040 posts
292 reviews
2. Re: transportation from Bilbao to Haro area

This really needs some local person to provide recommendations as I have never attempted this journey.

You can obtain much information from the internet however local knowledge is extremely important especially as you plan to arrive at a relativel small town of San Vincente de Sonsierra which may not see many options.

The main bus terminal in Bilbao is called TERMIBUS and has a web

http://www.termibus.es/index.php?idi=en

The route suggestions on this web provide an indication of a possible way which is to take the 08.30 bus bound for Logrono run by La Union bus company and it apparently arrives into San Vincente at 09.45 .

I believe that it is the bus marked with an asterisk indicating Pueblos (stopping at villages etc) on this schedule

autobuseslaunion.com/PDF/Bilbao-Logrono.pdf

Of course a taxi transfer may be a lot more comfortable and can leave Bilbao at a time to suit. It's a one hour journey and I would anticipate the cost to be over €100 but under €150.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
152 posts
203 reviews
3. Re: transportation from Bilbao to Haro area

Thank you very much for your reply. I will check out the bus option.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
152 posts
203 reviews
4. Re: transportation from Bilbao to Haro area

Thank you very much for your reply

5. Re: transportation from Bilbao to Haro area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2018, 16:18
Get answers to your questions about Haro