We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Watered down alcohol

Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Watered down alcohol

Been to Beni twice and already planning a trip next march.

Read a couple of passing comments on here about watered down alcahol.

I did manage to drink quite a lot a couple of nights and I don't think I would had been able to drink that much in a pub back in England without falling over.

Any thoughts or comments?

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Watered down alcohol

Just as well it was watered down then :)

Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Watered down alcohol

Lol. I reckon I put away 12-14 pints a night. That is over 6-7 hours though.

cornwall uk
Level Contributor
3,959 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Watered down alcohol

Of course its watered down, Especally most A/I beers. Also the local mixers are weaker. I think the coke was stronger than the vodka in some places lol.

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
12,343 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Watered down alcohol

I've no doubt some beer is watered down but drinking over a longer period, being relaxed and having had more food reduces the effects. As does the perspiring we do in a hot climate.

I drink vodka in Benidorm and although the shots seem enormous, they have less effect than the doubles at home.

Nice at the time but obviously not good for us! Most people would be totally out of it after 14 pints! And the most obvious thing is, in Benidorm they are NOT PINTS! Usually 500 ml which is more like .75 of a pint. (567 ml @ pint UK)

Jules

cornwall uk
Level Contributor
3,959 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Watered down alcohol

Or some A/I places where its more like a third of a pint. you really have to find a place that serves good beer, then use that place regular, i like the beer at the terrace bar, and secrect fountain. always seem to get a good pint, also rockstar.

Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Watered down alcohol

Ah yes of course forgot about the half litre continental thing.

Normally 6 pints is my limit over here. But guess you're right. It is over a longer period.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
508 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Watered down alcohol

If your drinking the house stuff then it'll be watered down.

If you've been drinking Cruzcampo, you've basically just been drinking fizzy barley water.

I tend to stick to bottles OR the Dutch/Belgian bars which never water tt down (I believe they class it as treason!) A lot of the British bars do fall into the trap of not watering down but buying in cheap stuff and not maintaining the pipes very well.

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
8,061 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Watered down alcohol

some of the draught stuff sold very cheaply is out of date or nearly out of date ,stick to bottled san miguel ,

London
Level Contributor
98 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Watered down alcohol

I was served some revolting draught beer in the live music venues on the seafront and the worst pint at the Secret Fountain, didn't go back after that. After all the bad beer I was pleased with the few pints of San Miguel I had at Neptunes bar on Calle Gerona priced 1.80 euros which tasted ok.

cornwall uk
Level Contributor
3,959 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Watered down alcohol

Beer usually good at the secrect fountain, also secrect corner, marina bar same stuff. Alot of the TA meetings are at the secrect fountain, so the beer must be good lol.

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm