We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much money does it cost to eat in Paris & Rome per day?

Canberra
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
How much money does it cost to eat in Paris & Rome per day?

Hello all,

In may I will be in Paris for three day and Rome for four, Look at how much for two to eat, so i can budget?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,910 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much money does it cost to eat in Paris & Rome per day?

As in any city, it depends on your tastes. You can have take-away pizza for under €5 or you can blow €500 on a full meal at a 4* Michelin restaurant.

We eat fairly well, and average under €100 for the two of us for lunch and dinner.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much money does it cost to eat in Paris & Rome per day?

Italy is much cheaper than France but keep away from the touristt areas like the Trevi fountain. In a normal restaurant a pasta dish will cost 6/9 Euros, a steak will be around 15 euros and a bottle of wine starts at around 15/16 Euros upwards. A pizza 6 Euros for a Margherita and 7/8 for ones with more toppings.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much money does it cost to eat in Paris & Rome per day?

Just to add, start checking the reviews here in the restaurant section then when you've decided on a few check out the menus on their website that way you can also see the prices.

N. Ireland
Level Contributor
273 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much money does it cost to eat in Paris & Rome per day?

Hi Debra

I was in Paris in August and was warned about prices. I allowed €150 per day for myself and my son. I ate out for both lunch and dinner and came home with money. We were staying in Montmarte so we were away from the touristy areas. Rome is which cheaper, I usually €100 per day there again for myself and my son and never ran out. However as suggested depends if you want to splurge or not. I usually have light lunch and a good dinner usually with dessert.

Edited: 11 November 2012, 12:12
5. Re: How much money does it cost to eat in Paris & Rome per day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2013, 05:15