We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much money does it cost to eat in Paris & Rome per day?

Canberra
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
How much money does it cost to eat in Paris & Rome per day?

Hello all,

In may I will be in Paris for three day and Rome for four, Look at how much for two to eat, so i can budget?

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
95,806 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much money does it cost to eat in Paris & Rome per day?

As in any city, it depends on your tastes. You can have take-away pizza for under €5 or you can blow €500 on a full meal at a 4* Michelin restaurant.

We eat fairly well, and average under €100 for the two of us for lunch and dinner.

Mentioned in this post
Ristorante Michelin
Ristorante Michelin
447 Reviews
Tregnago, Italy
Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much money does it cost to eat in Paris & Rome per day?

Italy is much cheaper than France but keep away from the touristt areas like the Trevi fountain. In a normal restaurant a pasta dish will cost 6/9 Euros, a steak will be around 15 euros and a bottle of wine starts at around 15/16 Euros upwards. A pizza 6 Euros for a Margherita and 7/8 for ones with more toppings.

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
France
France
Europe
Trevi Fountain
Trevi Fountain
80,033 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Hotel Margherita
Hotel Margherita
1,642 Reviews
Praiano, Italy
Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much money does it cost to eat in Paris & Rome per day?

Just to add, start checking the reviews here in the restaurant section then when you've decided on a few check out the menus on their website that way you can also see the prices.

N. Ireland
Level Contributor
273 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much money does it cost to eat in Paris & Rome per day?

Hi Debra

I was in Paris in August and was warned about prices. I allowed €150 per day for myself and my son. I ate out for both lunch and dinner and came home with money. We were staying in Montmarte so we were away from the touristy areas. Rome is which cheaper, I usually €100 per day there again for myself and my son and never ran out. However as suggested depends if you want to splurge or not. I usually have light lunch and a good dinner usually with dessert.

Edited: 11 November 2012, 12:12
Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
5. Re: How much money does it cost to eat in Paris & Rome per day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2013, 05:15