We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeking travel advise for 4 days in Amalfi Coast

Which Amalfi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Trabuco Canyon...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Seeking travel advise for 4 days in Amalfi Coast

My husband and I are traveling to AC for 4 days in early May. We are renting a car in Rome and driving down to Positano.

We enjoy the outdoors, local food and quaint cafes and sight seeing. If you have recommendations of things to do, please let me know. Thanks.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
28,944 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seeking travel advise for 4 days in Amalfi Coast

On your way down from Rome you can visit Pompeii Scavi, Ravello is situated above Amalfi, and Capri a boat ride away www.alicost.it

Route planner www.viamichelin.com

www.amalficoastweb.com

www.italy/en/home.html

Edited: 01 April 2012, 19:08
Trabuco Canyon...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seeking travel advise for 4 days in Amalfi Coast

thank you for the info. I don't read Italian so the alicost.it site is not useful, but I did like the amalficoastweb.com. The other link www.italy/en/home.html is not working. Thank you again for your post.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
535 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seeking travel advise for 4 days in Amalfi Coast

Are you sure you want to drive a car to Positano? Parking there is extremely limited, probably expensive, and you won't want/need to use the car during your stay there. Alternatively, take the train to Naples, walk next door to the commuter railway (Circumvesuviana) and take it to Sorrento, then catch the SITA bus in front of the train station to get to Positano. (Or, you could hire a driver to to take you from Naples to Positano, if you want to get there a bit faster.)

Positano is lovely, we enjoyed sitting outside at Cafe Positano and enjoying the view from the hillside. Also, Ristorante Scirocco was great - a family-style place, rather brightly lit so not that romantic, but the lemon pasta was to die for! Your hotel can book for you, and they come pick you up to drive you up into the hills to the restaurant. I'd recommend visiting Ravello (catch the bus from the Amalfi harbor) to see the villas and the town. And right on the beach in Positano are several companies that will take you on a private zodiac boat tour for a couple hours along the coast, with stops for swimming - highly recommended.

4. Re: Seeking travel advise for 4 days in Amalfi Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 19:41
Get answers to your questions about Amalfi
Recent Conversations