We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry Reservations?

Pitt Meadows, Canada
Level Contributor
59 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry Reservations?

We will be taking the ferry from Salerno to Positano mid-July. I was on the website naplesbayferry.com website to look at schedules. It also allows us to reserve. Is it necessary to reserve, and if so how far ahead of time should I do so? Does a reservation provide an assigned seat? I've seen quite a few comments about the ferries being delayed or cancelled due to weather. Does this pertain more to the winter months or are weather delays common year-round? I appreciate any advice or suggestions!

Positano
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry Reservations?

I would not bother reserving a booking ahead of time. Just book in the morning the same day as you are leaving directly on the dock booths. As far as I know you cannot reserve your seats. In July choppy seas are less common. It is unusual to have cancellations due to bad weather.

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,831 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry Reservations?

I would not pre-purchase tickets. If the ferry were to be cancelled, you would likely encounter practical difficulties securing a refund (compared to a local who could deal face-to-face with the ticket agents, even days after the cancellation if necessary). There is also the possibility that YOU might need to alter your travel plans and not take that particular crossing.

Pitt Meadows, Canada
Level Contributor
59 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry Reservations?

Thanks so much Rosa Positano and GAC for your advice. I appreciate the help - we will wait to book our ferry.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry Reservations?

We also want to take the same trip in the ferry so appreciate the advice. Could anyone tell us how far the ferry terminal is from the cruise ship dock (Molo Manfredi terminal)?

5. Re: Ferry Reservations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2017, 00:16